Main Menu

Washington State Machine Shop Recommendations

Started by Rbob, November 11, 2020, 06:47:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Rbob

I need to have my 340 T/A Heads rebuild and hardened seats installed, any suggestions for Washington State, or elsewhere since shipping is not a big issue.

Just want to my seats installed at proper height so all the valve tips line up etc.  Probably interested in porting since the heads have room to grow.

7E-Bodies

Mine are being done at Mullvain Motor Sports in East Peoria IL right now, but the jury is still out. They're from my numbers matching 440, so I'll definitely be reporting.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

autoxcuda

Change title to: Washington State Machine Shop Recommendations

That will get more specific response.

I'm sure there a few shops there that can handle what you need.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

Rbob

Cuda Cody

I have a good shop down here in the Vancouver / Portland area, but that's a long drive.

Rbob

challengermaniac

I had these guys do my T/A 340 block a couple of years ago:  Action Machine Shop 17012 Aurora Ave N  Shoreline, WA  206 546 2082.  Contact there is:  Rob.

Probably easier for you to get down to Vancouver, WA for Cody's shop referral than to travel through Tacoma and Seattle for my Shoreline, WA referral!
1970 Challenger Convertible EB5

Rbob

Quote from: Cuda Cody on November 12, 2020, 02:27:41 PM
I have a good shop down here in the Vancouver / Portland area, but that's a long drive.

Is it Grays Racing Engines? Maybe Toms Performance in Vancouver? 

:dunno: 

DeathProofCuda

Quote from: challengermaniac on November 19, 2020, 02:11:51 PM
I had these guys do my T/A 340 block a couple of years ago:  Action Machine Shop 17012 Aurora Ave N  Shoreline, WA  206 546 2082.  Contact there is:  Rob.

Probably easier for you to get down to Vancouver, WA for Cody's shop referral than to travel through Tacoma and Seattle for my Shoreline, WA referral!

I also used Action Machine for the block machining and balancing work on my 383 build several years ago.  Rob was a good guy to work with and they were able to turn things around in a reasonable timeframe.  I had previously used DG Machine in Auburn for my heads.  I decided not to take my block to DG after the 2-3 week turn around time quoted for my heads turned into 2-3 months, and Action Machine was much closer to me.  I'd probably give DG Machine another shot if they were closer to me.

EV2RTSE

If you do decide to ship them I can think of no place better to send them -

https://www.raybarton.com/

RUNCHARGER

I find long turnaround times unacceptible. If your business is that busy perhaps you should put in some extra hours and reap the benefits, either that or hire someone to help if you want to stay home at night and watch TV.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

@Rbob   Eastco Automotive & Machining in Gresham, OR.  Ask for Craig.  He owns it.  (503) 666-6288

Quote from: Rbob on November 19, 2020, 06:43:53 PM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on November 12, 2020, 02:27:41 PM

Is it Grays Racing Engines? Maybe Toms Performance in Vancouver? 

:dunno:

rocketresto

Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington