Main Menu

New Here From Washington State

Started by 71vert340, May 25, 2017, 02:59:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71vert340

Another interesting point. I tried to contact the person I bought the car from - he special ordered it. I found out he passed away several years ago but I did a search and found his daughter, contacted her and sent her a photo of the car. When I bought it, Dean said he had to sell it to get a family car as his wife was pregnant with their first child. So I new the year she was born. When she got the photo, she showed her mom who remembered the car and Dean ordering it. I told the daughter the next time she's in the Washington area to contact me and she can drive the car. She said she would.
Terry

Cuda Cody

That's a great story.  Love how cars bring us together and remind of us great times.   :grouphug:

Quote from: 71vert340 on May 27, 2017, 09:23:05 AM
Another interesting point. I tried to contact the person I bought the car from - he special ordered it. I found out he passed away several years ago but I did a search and found his daughter, contacted her and sent her a photo of the car. When I bought it, Dean said he had to sell it to get a family car as his wife was pregnant with their first child. So I new the year she was born. When she got the photo, she showed her mom who remembered the car and Dean ordering it. I told the daughter the next time she's in the Washington area to contact me and she can drive the car. She said she would.
Terry

MoparJunkie

Beautiful cars!! I love the story behind them as well! Lots of Northwest people popping up here lately. I have an uncle that lives in the tri-city area.

Welcome from Spokane! B5 blue is one of my most favorite colors (I prefer it over other popular colors like FC7 as well). They look fun to drive. My dream would be owning a current late model alongside my 71. But my 71 needs finished first :)

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

stevec

Nice Challengers!
Like the blue color
Steve
'The 2nd Generation Challenger Guy'

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on May 26, 2017, 02:09:45 PM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on May 26, 2017, 12:52:49 PM
If a Shaker vert isn't rare enough let's just add an AM cassette......  From what I understand that's the rarest radio for an E body... And what my 71 Hemi Challenger had..

I asked the original owner of the Barrelcuda why he ordered a 5 speaker, cassette deck, AM radio.......Simple answer....NFLD didn't have any FM stations at the time. :newfoundland: :dunno:

My Hemi Challenger was originally ordered on Guam... Same deal no FM stations....

340challconvert

Hey 71vert340

Just found your postings
Really nice Challenger convertible with the 340 and shaker.
I am restoring a 70 Challenger A66 convertible that I owned since 1979 and stored since 1984.
Finally retired and pulled it out of storage in 2016.
Just enjoyed seeing pictures of your cars.
Nice to have all the original documentation for your car.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

70/6chall

A great big MOPAR Welcome to you from SoCal great looking pair of Challengers. Remember "love is blue" an old Paul Muriat song.     Thanks,   Al

71vert340

Thanks. I'm focusing on my B5 blue Charger Rallye right now. My wife and I re-installed the dashboard this past week. I hope to get all the electrical connections hooked up and look at starting it soon. Then, finish the body work to get it painted in the spring and drive it a lot. My 2015 R/T in the pic with my convertible at the start of this thread has been in the service department of the local Dodge dealer for two weeks now. It kept showing an engine trouble with a code for cylinder #5 misfire. They replaced the coil pack, spark plug and injector and done other troubleshooting and still haven't found the cause. The old cars are much easier to troubleshoot although I've run into problems with them that make me scratch my head also. My winter project is to work on my convertible. It has a bad vibration above 50mph. Could be the 30 year old radials, driveshaft problems or worn transmission shaft bushing or something else. The fun of troubleshooting. I really enjoy this site. Again, thanks.
Terry