Main Menu

what is this motor?

Started by cuda hunter, September 01, 2018, 06:08:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Can anyone tell what this motor is? 

This picture is about all the information I have.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

1 Wild R/T

That is a 392.....  Heads are clearly aftermarket..  And they lack the water passages...

RUNCHARGER

Ultra rare 350 Chebbie. 1 of 1. Oh and the other one is an early Hemmi.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

Oh yeah!  I'm after that Chebbie motor for sure.  raaare.

I figured that looked like a first gen but wanted to make sure.  392 is the best 1st gen to have.  But they aren't worth anything to me as I don't need that kind in my cuda. 

There might be a 64 barracuda available as well as that 392.

Didn't 392's only come in imperials?  And what kind of horse power would that thing have with the aftermarket heads?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

So this motor would be good for a bucket or a rat rod or something right?  That's about it though. 

1 Wild R/T

The more I try to figure it out the more confusing it is... The blocks a tall block (392) but the heads without water passages may be for a 331...  A look at the intake ports would help... But honestly I think it's more of a show piece than anything useful...  The blower looks like a Mooneyham 10-71,  the blower is just sitting on the heads, no manifold.... Then the eight Stromberg 97's which are super nostalgic but not really the way to make power...

cuda hunter

Ok so show room piece.  Which is what it currently is.  Sits in the collectors room.

cuda hunter

HP_Cuda

Kinda looks like my buddies 331 he had sitting at his ranch for quite awhile.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

RUNCHARGER

I wouldn't hazard a guess without casting #'s.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

The water pump bolt hole distance to the top rail is about 3/4" on a 392... 331 & 354  it's about 5/16"....   So the block definitely appears to be a 392....

Flatdad

392 with heads on backwards to run in a boat?