Main Menu

So, you thought TTI was a little expencive.... try AMC

Started by Brads70, February 21, 2018, 08:25:48 PM

Previous topic Next topic

IRON MAN

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on April 26, 2018, 06:58:57 PM
I had a customer in today saying he can't get a water pump for a 72 and older AMC.
Galvin's Rambler and AMC, Lodi, California, sells water pumps for the AMC line. I bought a water pump from him that is now on my 68 AMX 390. His facility is in the process of moving to Oregon. You may have to let the phone ring  ten times. (209) 365-6380. Or, go to their website.

RUNCHARGER

Thanks: I'll let him know. He just found an original 72 AMX with all the options and he's getting it running. I like helping guys with the not so normal cars. He also has a 68 AMX.
Sheldon

IRON MAN

Technically, a '72 AMX is a glorified Javelin with what AMC calls an AMX trim level, and unlike the 68-70 AMX because the '71 and newer Javelin AMX has a back seat, and is known as a "Humpster" due to the Corvette like humps in the front fenders.

mopar thunder

That is a BIT pricey but like other have said you pay for what you get. IMO I think TTI are best bet for the money.

roguedc72

wow,and I thought my ceramic coated Dougs were expensive!

ledphoot

Mopar guys hate money, there is no doubt about it when you consider how much it costs to buy parts for these cars. AMC guys are masochistic, restoring an AMX makes a Challenger seem like a Camaro in comparison.

Then there are the guys who are in to Ferrari's and other exotics, I don't even know where to begin with them.

BIGSHCLUNK

Quote from: ledphoot on May 17, 2018, 03:23:31 PM
Mopar guys hate money, there is no doubt about it when you consider how much it costs to buy parts for these cars. AMC guys are masochistic, restoring an AMX makes a Challenger seem like a Camaro in comparison.

Then there are the guys who are in to Ferrari's and other exotics, I don't even know where to begin with them.
Well put.................

gzig5

Quote from: ledphoot on May 17, 2018, 03:23:31 PM

The bargain headers for my '00 BMW M5 are $2500.  The "good" version equivalent to Doug's/TTI start at $5k and the ultimate equal length jobs from Dinan were $8k when you could still get them.  I'm glad that car will be going down the road soon and I can deal with the lower "M" tax with the Cuda.