Main Menu

TTI sent me the wrong headers....sigh

Started by nsmall, September 22, 2017, 10:03:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

The Cuda shell went over the driveline today.  I was sent the wrong headers by TTI.   :Thud:

This stinks as the engine and kframe and tranny are all hooked up and I am paying someone to help me.  This is costing me.  I am disappointed.  I guess I should of confirmed the parts numbers even though the paper work and my order of the phone was clear.  I HAVE AN EBODY... I was sent A-body headers.

I have 2.25 exhaust I was going to link the headers up to. I know 2.5 or 3.0 inch would be better. Im assuming 2.5 would give me more bottom end for my 340 so that sounds best?

Does anyone think I should see if TTI would hook me up with a discounted 2.5 X system?  This mistake was not my fault.  Is the H system just as good as its cheaper?  Would my stock Cuda tips link up to 2.5 TTI exhaust?   Just trying to turn a set back into something positive.  TTI Cuda tips are friggin expensive so I would rather use what I have.

@Chryco Psycho you copy ol buddy?

Chryco Psycho

Talk to Sam or Mike , I am sure they will make it right for you sucks to be paying for help when thing are wrong though
The X pipe is superior & will help more with the smaller 2.25 exhaust system

nsmall

@Shane Kelley

"I put a video of it running in the gallery. TTI headers and exhaust with X pipe. 2 1/2 inch pipe w TTI tips.

https://forum.e-bodies.org/gallery/sa=view;id=464  "

Shane...Watched your videos 10 times.  I love the sound!!!!!  So the Flowmaster series 40's fits with TTI's exhaust or is there a lot of custom fitting?  Where did you buy your mufflers from?  Is there a part number you can recommend  as I will be potentially using 2.5 inch too.  My neighbors are going to love me.

Thanks

nsmall

Thanks Neil.  I have talked to Mike before.  He is very easy to work with.  Im basically all in so whats another $600.   :whiteflag:  Hopefully they can hook me up.

I got a major raise at work, good timing as I was over budget 20k ago :deadhorse:

Chryco Psycho

I understand that , it is so easy to just spend a few more $$ but you are building for you not to sell so as long as you are happy with the result why not ?
as we have said all along if you pay for something & it sucks you never forget but if you pay more & love it the price is soon forgotten  :bigthumb:

dodj

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on September 22, 2017, 10:30:30 PM
if you pay for something & it sucks you never forget but if you pay more & love it the price is soon forgotten  :bigthumb:
How very true. Well phrased!
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Burdar

The A-body headers use a slip tube on the #7 cylinder so they can be installed with the torsion bars in place. Other then that, I THINK the headers are the same as the E body ones. I think you should still be able to use the ones you received.

GoodysGotaCuda

FYI you will need to use TTI tips if you end up with full TTI exhaust. The way their bends are configured, it will not be fun to work with other tips. Or so i was told.

I have full 3" TTI with their tips welded on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Shane Kelley

Quote from: nsmall on September 22, 2017, 10:23:40 PM
@Shane Kelley

"I put a video of it running in the gallery. TTI headers and exhaust with X pipe. 2 1/2 inch pipe w TTI tips.

https://forum.e-bodies.org/gallery/sa=view;id=464  "

Shane...Watched your videos 10 times.  I love the sound!!!!!  So the Flowmaster series 40's fits with TTI's exhaust or is there a lot of custom fitting?  Where did you buy your mufflers from?  Is there a part number you can recommend  as I will be potentially using 2.5 inch too.  My neighbors are going to love me.

Thanks

The TTI tips will come welded on if you buy their system. The tips will effect the sound of the exhaust. Bite the bullet and order their complete system with X pipe less mufflers.  You won't be disappointed. Really, really nice quality stuff. My mufflers below came from Summit Racing. If I remember correctly they bolted right on. At most a pipe may need trimmed down. No pipe bending or modifications like that needed. Once the system is on the car and your happy with how it sits with the tips through the valance. Put a small stitch weld at all the joints. This will keep the pipes from twisting and causing your tips to be crooked and hit the valance. Take your time with the tailpipes and get those tips just right. Crooked tips or tips hanging out to far are a real pet peeve of mine. Drives me crazy especially on a real nice car.

Katfish

I disagree on buying TTI tips, way overpriced, $400 when I did my car.
I bought the TTI 2.5" H-pipe system and then bought 2.5" tips elsewhere and it fits great and I saved $250.

TTI has awesome products but the tips are not worth the price, IMO

340 Chalenger

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: Katfish on September 23, 2017, 06:56:31 AM
I disagree on buying TTI tips, way overpriced, $400 when I did my car.
I bought the TTI 2.5" H-pipe system and then bought 2.5" tips elsewhere and it fits great and I saved $250.

TTI has awesome products but the tips are not worth the price, IMO

340 Chalenger

I think the Cuda may be a different story, since they exit through the valance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

303 Mopar

Quote from: nsmall on September 22, 2017, 10:03:50 PM
Does anyone think I should see if TTI would hook me up with a discounted 2.5 X system?  This mistake was not my fault.  Is the H system just as good as its cheaper?  Would my stock Cuda tips link up to 2.5 TTI exhaust?   Just trying to turn a set back into something positive.  TTI Cuda tips are friggin expensive so I would rather use what I have.

You want 2.5" at a minimum.  The performance of the X pipe is minimal over the H pipe and TTI now makes their H sit farther back in case you ever want to install a GVOD.  The X pipe will give you a higher tone too, the H is deeper more like a muscle car than a new car.

Katfish

I sure wouldn't want the tips welded either.  I've taken my valance off several times, and the 1st thing I do is remove the tips.  Would be a major PIA if the tips were welded, what do you do?
Remove the whole rear section of the exhaust.
Try doing anything at the rear of the car with the valance on, not fun......