Main Menu

Business Cards for shows, ideas?

Started by Cuda Cody, January 25, 2017, 01:23:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Some very valid points guys!   :handshake:  I'll fine tune the cards a little bit more.  We want to become the best site for E-Body enthusiasts and information.  From the great camaraderie to the tiniest stamp detail, my hope is E-Bodies.org provides a place for all of us.   :grouphug:

ChallengerHK

Quote from: anlauto on January 26, 2017, 11:49:44 AM
:iagree: I always found that extremely strange :notsure:
Right now on our E Bodies web site 37%  :unbelievable: of our members have never made a single post  :huh: Like why join a forum if you're not going to participate ?

This is pretty common. If you break down the people who join any group, typically 10% are active and 1% are very active.

Chryco Psycho

Well I guess my thoughts are quality over quantity , the other site may have had 10,000 + members but maybe 200 active ones , it is understandable that people will access the resources as they build but move on once the car is completed as well . Some of us are here for the friendships & are lifetime hardcore members as the cars will never been done & the people are the real reason to be here .

ChallengerHK

Timbbuc2

As most you all know I am a newbie since July 16, cc.com, moved here and still check in on the other from time to time. Yes it would be nice to have 10 to 15 builds going on at one time and as we get more members it could happen. I am getting to know all of you and I have enjoyed just being here. I agree quality should be the goal. When you have the knowledge that you guys have others will come. You can have banners, cards or any type of advertising but the best one is word of mouth. I personally  tweet inviting people to visit and join. So if each of us work to reach out regardless of the method this site will continue to grow. Even when I buy parts from individuals I invite them. But to say one thing is good or bad it takes all of us. Just my 2 pennies
Tim
and by the way one more post and I will hit small block :veryexcited: :veryexcited: :veryexcited: :veryexcited:
Get in, I'll drive

Marc70challenger

Just do it.  (Remember that old Nike catch phrase lol).  But seriously.

There's no perfect answer to anything.  cards or flyers or whatever. Just do it.  :cheers:

Cuda Cody

@anlauto  can I get your thoughts on these cards?

What design does everyone think is better?  #1 is clean, simple and classic.  #2 is still clean and simple but with a die cut and double sided.

And what would be the best way to describe our site to other E-Body owners?

anlauto

I like number #2 only because it's double sided and there's more info....

Now if you were to take #1 and put even in plain black lettering a list of notable features of our website, that might be an idea.

Sort of like in point form
*greatest source for E Body Info
*how to videos
*reference photos
*etc...
*etc...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

I like #2. You don't want the front to be too busy. Good idea having a Challenger outline and not a Cuda, he, he.
Sheldon

ToxicWolf

I like number 2 and I think the cards are a good idea. The ACCURATE name of our web address is sometimes difficult to convey.  Nothing negative here, it's just easier for them to get it right if they have it in writing.   :cheers:

ChallengerHK

I agree that I like the second one. I think the problem with having a Cuda is, if it's a simple outline, it looks a lot like a Camaro. The Challenger profile with the crown line is pretty unique. If you wanted a Cuda, I'd suggest giving it a AAR strobe; that would uniquely identify it as a Cuda.

Timbbuc2

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 22, 2017, 09:41:10 AM
@anlauto  can I get your thoughts on these cards?

What design does everyone think is better?  #1 is clean, simple and classic.  #2 is still clean and simple but with a die cut and double sided.

And what would be the best way to describe our site to other E-Body owners?
I like #2, not to busy
Get in, I'll drive

xs29j8

How about a "business card" that is useful to the E-Body owner immediately... a higher price is the main drawback.   I am referring to magnetic business cards/signs, and like the Year One approach these would also carry the "Please Do Not Touch" or similar message.  Another advantage is that spectators, the guys with "their uncle's Hemicuda" that they inherited would see the "signs" also....

Excuse the rough artwork, just threw something together to convey the idea...

Just  :thinking:

Cuda Cody

I like where you're going with this @xs29j8     :yes:  Something that our current members can use right away at shows?   :thinking:   Very good idea!  If I run these in a small batch we could even have the option to put the Forum user's name on them.   Is this something we should put in the Prize Shop?   :clueless:

Quote from: xs29j8 on February 22, 2017, 01:58:12 PM
How about a "business card" that is useful to the E-Body owner immediately... a higher price is the main drawback.   I am referring to magnetic business cards/signs, and like the Year One approach these would also carry the "Please Do Not Touch" or similar message.  Another advantage is that spectators, the guys with "their uncle's Hemicuda" that they inherited would see the "signs" also....

Excuse the rough artwork, just threw something together to convey the idea...

Just  :thinking:

ChallengerHK