Main Menu

Business Cards for shows, ideas?

Started by Cuda Cody, January 25, 2017, 01:23:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

I dunno: The Challenger shape is pretty obvious. Looking at the Cuda Convt. it could be a few cars. It almost looks Pontiac to me. There is no mistaking the Challenger. I agree on the concept of having both though.
Sheldon

6bblgt

IMO any "stripes" or performance model clues could be perceived as snobbish/elitist/non-all inclusive  :Stirring: ..... like the A12 board (good group of guys, but the if it's not A12 we don't care attitude runs pretty strong)

I added the line to be a quick non-professional example, surely someone with computer graphic artistic ability could make it more "Barracuda"

which brings up ..... Barracuda VS. 'Cuda - "car make" VS. "performance model" (only the "base" Challenger is mentioned)  :thinking: :grouphug:

Cuda Cody

When @anlauto  first suggested a Cuda I was having a hard time making it work, but I knew he was right.  We really need a Cuda too.  Then @Chryco Psycho brought it up again and when @6bblgt  did the sample cuda I got an idea.  Does this look like a Cuda?  I tried to make it work with the shorter Cuda body but still keep the overall shape.  Thoughts?

Also, changed it to Reference and added Library.  What's a better description, Material or Library?  I like both.

ChallengerHK

Quote from: 6bblgt on February 23, 2017, 10:38:39 AM
I added the line to be a quick non-professional example, surely someone with computer graphic artistic ability could make it more "Barracuda"

The problem I see is that the Barracuda crown line is straight, but the Challenger has that unique kick up just after the door, which really identifies the car. Combined with the minimalist approach to the art (which I like) it's tough to really differentiate the Barracuda from several other cars. That's the reason that a lot of folks say that the Barracuda looks like a first gen Camaro. I don't agree with that, but I see what they're saying.

ChallengerHK

We must have posted over each other. I like the new Cuda, Cody. Some folks might prefer that it not be a specific model year, but I dig it.

Cuda Cody

All very valid points.  With my limited skill set on design I have to use the easy and more recognizable body clues to make it work.  I'm happy to send the EPS line art to anyone that wants to help take a crack at.   :)  I'm super easy and happy with whatever we all want to do.   :twothumbsup:  Love all the help and ideas.  It gives me a lot to work with.  :yes:

This site has some really friendly and helpful people.  I know we focus on E-Bodies, but if any of our members wanted me to look a 1975 truck outside of Spokane, I would do it them.  ;)   We're all a great group of E-Body fans and everyone is welcome here that likes the Cuda and Challengers.   :grouphug:

Quote from: 6bblgt on February 23, 2017, 10:38:39 AM
IMO any "stripes" or performance model clues could be perceived as snobbish/elitist/non-all inclusive  :Stirring: ..... like the A12 board (good group of guys, but the if it's not A12 we don't care attitude runs pretty strong)

which brings up ..... Barracuda VS. 'Cuda - "car make" VS. "performance model" (only the "base" Challenger is mentioned)  :thinking: :grouphug:

303 Mopar

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 23, 2017, 10:42:38 AM
Does this look like a Cuda?  I tried to make it work with the shorter Cuda body but still keep the overall shape.  Thoughts?
Also, changed it to Reference and added Library.  What's a better description, Material or Library?  I like both.
Quote from: ChallengerHK on February 23, 2017, 10:48:15 AM
I like the new Cuda, Cody. Some folks might prefer that it not be a specific model year, but I dig it.

I agree about having one specific year for the Cuda, but it absolutely defines it separate from the Chally.  I like this one a lot!   :perfect10:

RUNCHARGER

Hmm: That billboard makes it obviously a Cuda. I think it is needed as there is no mistaking it now.
Sheldon

RUNCHARGER

I too: Can see being judged as elitist by a 71 Cuda but the Challenger resists that notion as it is obviously a Challenger but it could be a 74, 318 version so that diffuses that a bit.
Sheldon

6bblgt

build sheet is a GM document
Chrysler Corp. cars have Broadcast Sheets (if they're lucky)

Chryco Psycho

Works for me , the roof line is similar nough to work the stripe makes it obvious ,it doesn't have to be perfect

anlauto

That looks great with the most iconic muscle car on there the 1971 Cuda BEAUTIFUL :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

Reference "library" sounds more upscale and wisdomy.               Is wisdomy really a word?   :dunno:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Chryco Psycho

you could just have reference information

Cuda Cody

@ToxicWolf  you bring up a great point.  :yes:  Sometimes verbally saying "E-Bodies.org" will not lead people to our exact website.   But hopefully we have it covered just in case someone doesn't write it down or forgets the exact spelling.  All of these websites work and bring them to the same place.  Right here!   :grouphug:

www.E-Bodies.org
www.E-Bodys.org
www.EBodies.org
www.EBodys.org

Plus we're going to have some cool cards made up soon too.  It all helps get our site out there.  This is going to be the BEST E-Body website ever.   :drinkingbud:

Quote from: ToxicWolf on February 22, 2017, 11:11:41 AM
The ACCURATE name of our web address is sometimes difficult to convey.