Main Menu

Business Cards for shows, ideas?

Started by Cuda Cody, January 25, 2017, 01:23:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Trying to come up with something we can give to E-Body owners at shows.    :help:   Just a simple way to let them know we're here.  But we've all become a little numb to people handing out flyers at car shows so I'm trying to convey that they have been specially selected.  Need some feedback and thoughts on the text and layout.  Any better way to let them know they are welcome to join us?

I'll make some little 2"x 3" stickers for all of us too. 

Cuda Cody

What about something like this for the front?  What should the little trophy say?

Also, try to picture yourself at a car show and what would you think if you found one of these cards on your windshield or door?

headejm

Maybe E-bodies ought to have a booth at the main shows? Hand out some freebies/literature/cards. Then you could possibly sponsor a "cool car" prize. Once you build credibility and name recognition, people will line up to join in on the fun. I'm a little worried about just placing unsolicited cards on people's car.  :alan2cents:

Oldschool

Perhaps the trophy should read - "1st Place"

Timbbuc2

Get in, I'll drive

J-Code Jeni

I think the card that captures the friendliness of the group is the smiley with the trophy.  :D I really like the idea and worst case scenario is that someone tosses it in the trash before reading it...

Filling in the placard with '1st Place' sounds fun and yet, I wonder if it would cause confusion for the Show hosts- someone might think they won the Show and goes to collect their prize! What about something light-hearted like "E-Bodies Rock"...not the best idea but, maybe that suggestion jars someone else's thinking free to come up with something better. 

I like the sticker size you proposed- nice & small, can have many applications!

anlauto

When you designed the current logo, did you ever consider putting a Cuda on there as well ?

Every time I see it I think of my metal man's card....He does a lot of custom cars as well as bikes.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Yes, the Cuda was an option, but started with the longer length of the Challenger to allow more space left to right.  Maybe we'll do another Cuda logo with the same design for some custom stuff.  It would look really close to the same logo and probably work well too.

Quote from: anlauto on January 25, 2017, 07:01:30 PM
When you designed the current logo, did you ever consider putting a Cuda on there as well ?

Every time I see it I think of my metal man's card....He does a lot of custom cars as well as bikes.

anlauto

****WARNING**** This is just my opinion. :alan2cents:

I was very excited when @Cuda Cody invited me to participate on this forum. :worship: It was my hope from the start that we could get a great bunch of guys together that really know their stuff and love E Bodies as much as I do (check) :slapme5: and we could start to build a more technical style board with not only great amounts of information, but very accurate information where anybody and everybody could come and get their questions about E Bodies answered (check...well underway) :slapme5:

Don't get me wrong, I love the comradery of a tight knit group of friends enjoying the same cars I do, but I really don't care to come on here to read about current events or family affairs etc...

With all that being said.....I think the business card with the smilie and a trophy is too juvenile and I would prefer to give off a more professional look, to give off the impression that we're not just a bunch of goofs who like cars, but we are serious about restoration or modifying Cudas and Challengers. That our site provides the most accurate restoration information and tips and not daily gossip.  :tool:
I've never been to the Facebook version, but I get the sense that there would be a better place for fun and games  :crazytalk:  :alan2cents:

AGAIN....Just my opinion   :grouphug:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda Cody

Really appreciate the feedback @anlauto  .  I'll never get my feelings hurt over someone being upfront and honest.  I hear what you are saying and came up with an alternative design that might be more in line with our vision.

Please guys, feel free to bash them if you think we can do better.  Give me ideas, text changes, samples or any direction you want me to take it.  It's OUR site and we need to make sure we're represent it the best way possible.

fc7cuda

Well, to be frank and this is just MY opinion - I don't think cards and stickers are needed at all.  I prefer to tell someone about this site after getting a chance to see their car and/or visit with them.  Word of mouth is much better than the printed word(sorry sign guy) and it's a way to share the site through the flattery of invitation.  :alan2cents:

I guess the question is: What is the growth model for this site and how is the goal achieved? Cards, flyers,booths,ads,stickers, will all get you a larger volume of members, but ???

Tom

blown motor

I share Alan's opinion that the smiley trophy is a bit juvenile. I agree with J-Code Jeni on her 1st place thoughts.
One thing this site has that the other one I'm on doesn't is the reference material, how-to videos,etc. Can we somehow get mention of that on the card?
Are we going for quantity of members or quality? C-C has a lot of members but I did a tiny random audit and about 40% of them have never posted, not even once.
I don't think that going to a show and dropping a card on somebody's seat is the way to go but handing one to people you know might work. I got C-C cards a few years ago and haven't used them near as much as I thought I would.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

ChallengerHK

As many of you know, I work as an instructional designer, involved in making training programs. In my line of work, one of the first things we have to ask ourselves is "What do the people who take this course have to do?" (as opposed to what most would ask, which is "What do the people who take this course have to know?"). So my question would be, before anything is designed, is "What thing or things do you want this car to be able to accomplish?"

I do tend to like the camaraderie that comes with a good group of people who share similar interests, but Alan brings up a great point: a lot of people may not care about that. So what kind of site do folks want, and from that answer, how can a card help achieve that goal? (And the site can do more than one thing, such as provide camaraderie and accurate technical data.)

anlauto

Quote from: blown motor on January 26, 2017, 06:31:08 AM

Are we going for quantity of members or quality? C-C has a lot of members but I did a tiny random audit and about 40% of them have never posted, not even once.

:iagree: I always found that extremely strange :notsure:
Right now on our E Bodies web site 37%  :unbelievable: of our members have never made a single post  :huh: Like why join a forum if you're not going to participate ?

Do you have to join in order to view pictures ? I guess that could be one reason  :dunno: Otherwise just come here to read and move on.... :tired:

I don't get it... :drunk:

Marc70challenger

We're a minority of a minority group. Classic Mopar lovers and serious enthusiast.

Is what it is. This site is awesome. And will grow. But it will be a limited community.