Main Menu

Chrome browser?

Started by Cuda Cody, February 20, 2018, 01:23:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71GranCoupe

Might be time to run a virus scan. Those gremlins can find a way in almost anywhere and it seems like over the last week, I have found and dumped several.   :alan2cents:

71-440

Never used chrome. Been using Firefox forever with no problems.

Joe

Bullitt-

My old PC running Windows-8 will hang up launching or running browsers from time to time.
I've found that restarting will solve most  any issue.  From time to time I run the free version of Malwarebytes & CCleaner...
Some time back I switched to Panda Security http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/panda_cloud_antivirus.html which does not seem to require system resources that every other security suite I've used does.  They have a good free utility that found installed malware for me that others had missed 
http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/panda_cloud_cleaner.html

Also I've installed the Add Block Plus extension on all browsers for many years which speeds things up by preventing a lot of the resource hungry adds from running
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Jay Bee

Another Chrome test today. It seems to be working fine this morning. No more lag or delay between typing and displaying. Pages loading at my normal speed again (after further investigation that WAS a bit slower yesterday). Looks like Cody has some pull at Google HQ. I guess I should have mentioned that I'm running Windows 7, AVG, and have Adblock too.

Cuda Cody

No joke, it's running fine for me too now!!!   :notsure:  Let's hope it stays that way. 

Quote from: Jay Bee on February 22, 2018, 06:26:34 AM
Another Chrome test today. It seems to be working fine this morning. No more lag or delay between typing and displaying. Pages loading at my normal speed again (after further investigation that WAS a bit slower yesterday). Looks like Cody has some pull at Google HQ. I guess I should have mentioned that I'm running Windows 7, AVG, and have Adblock too.

Cuda Cody

:pullinghair:  It's back to not working...   :headbang:

Maybe it's a google ad?  Right now it's not working and the ad is Tax Act.   :thinking:

71GranCoupe

Clear browsing history, check extensions for one that snuck in, look into your programs to see if a new one populated in the last few days you did not download, do a virus scan and restart. From the sounds of it, it is more than likely on your machine unless the network there is really bogged down.

A few years ago, I ended up with a real bugger. Never did figure out how it got in the drive, but eventually went to full blown subscription for anti-virus. Not cheap, but if finds stuff all the time and with a click they are gone. I am able to run it on a few units though. Sometime the bugs come in groves as creators seem to dump them in groups.

73_Cuda_4_Me

With Chrome, you can check what is bottle-necking pages (extensions, tabs, tasks)... Read info here...

https://lifehacker.com/use-google-chrome-s-task-manager-to-figure-out-what-s-s-1823227377

Note that you 'may' have to turn on developer menu to see the task manager...
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

303 Mopar

Cuda Cody

dodj

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 22, 2018, 12:16:20 PM
:pullinghair:  It's back to not working...   :headbang:

Maybe it's a google ad?  Right now it's not working and the ad is Tax Act.   :thinking:
You may need to update Chrome?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Burdar

This site got really glitchy for me when using IE so I started using Chrome months ago.  Just today Chrome has been super glitchy so I moved back to IE.  The site has been working fine on IE today.  On Chrome, the screen would freeze up and take a long time for anything I typed to show up on the screen.

Cuda Cody

Yup, same for me again.   :pullinghair:  It's driving me crazy on Chrome right now.  :headbang:
Quote from: Burdar on March 01, 2018, 09:31:48 AM
This site got really glitchy for me when using IE so I started using Chrome months ago.  Just today Chrome has been super glitchy so I moved back to IE.  The site has been working fine on IE today.  On Chrome, the screen would freeze up and take a long time for anything I typed to show up on the screen.

340challconvert

Have been using Chrome for a number of years.
Just starting "glitching" and freezing today with this web site?
Not sure, but rebooted and ran my virus protection.  Seems to have helped!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

HP_Cuda

Cody

It would help if you posted what version of Chrome you are running and see if everyone else is seeing the same thing. Last I looked at it (I run FF now) it seemed like some of the ads displayed were real CPU hogs.

B
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200