Main Menu

Chrome browser?

Started by Cuda Cody, February 20, 2018, 01:23:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

gumby

I pay for MalWare Bytes full professional. It stops a lot of stuff. It's worth it to me. It stops realtime and ransomeware. I also use AdBlock Plus.

I still have to reboot my computer from time to time. I use Chrome as the primary, and FireFox as a secondary.

Cuda Cody

We will be running a test for the next 12 to 24 hours.  The ads will be completely turned off in an effort to find what is causing some of the users to have slow response when replying with Chrome.

The test is starting at 7:00 pm Saturday the 3rd of march. 

71GranCoupe

Pages sure do load faster with the ads off.  :alan2cents:

Cuda Cody

Yup, but we need those ads to pay for the website band width.  Plus it doesn't seem to help with the Chrome browser issue.  My Chrome still sucks.   :pullinghair:  We have not changed anything on the site (including ads) and all of a sudden a couple weeks ago Chrome started acting like crap.   :verymad:  Trying to figure out what they changed and why it doesn't like our site now.

Quote from: 71GranCoupe on March 03, 2018, 09:07:37 PM

71GranCoupe

Quote from: Cuda Cody on March 03, 2018, 09:15:40 PM
Yup, but we need those ads to pay for the website band width.  Plus it doesn't seem to help with the Chrome browser issue.  My Chrome still sucks.   :pullinghair:  We have not changed anything on the site (including ads) and all of a sudden a couple weeks ago Chrome started acting like crap.   :verymad:  Trying to figure out what they changed and why it doesn't like our site now.

Quote from: 71GranCoupe on March 03, 2018, 09:07:37 PM

Totally understand on paying the bills, just relaying what was seen here.  :cheers:

Also, I have not had any of the problems that you have shared either.  Good luck on finding the gremlins in the system.

Jay Bee

Another test. Still terrible on my end. I even ran CCleaner the other other day hoping it would help. I wonder what "they" did early on Feb. 22(?) to make it fine for a while.

Jay Bee

IE test. No issues here. Might just have to make this my default browser.

blown motor

This is TERRIBLE here this morning. The worst it's been. It's intermittent but when it's bad it's really bad.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

blown motor

Trying it on IE. It seems to be real good. No issues.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cuda Cody

Yup, I'm putting the ads back up as they did not cause the issue.  WHAT DID CHROME DO TO MAKE IT SUCK WITH OUR FORUM?   :pullinghair:

tman

Try turning off the animated emojis.  Seems to be related to all the motion.

Jay Bee

Monday morning test. Seems to be working fine again. How long this will last is another thing  :dunno:  .

Bullitt-

Personally have not had any issues with Chrome and this site so I will assume the issues are specific to your devices. I suggest uninstalling Chrome & running a tool to clean up your devices registry such as CCleaner( http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/ccleaner_slim.html ), restart the device then reinstall Chrome directly from Google, not a third party.

Cody there appears to be a developer tool in Chrome that perhaps could help you ID issues if there are any on the site  https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

anlauto

:iagree:  no problems here using Chrome...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

Quote from: Jay Bee on March 04, 2018, 06:04:51 AM
I even ran CCleaner the other other day
Already done that.