Main Menu

Hall of Fame / Member of the year?

Started by Cuda Cody, February 12, 2017, 01:23:43 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

How do you guys feel about receiving a Member of the Year award?  The goal would be to acknowledge and reward one member each year who goes above and beyond on the forum.  The selection criteria could focus on the members who have significantly contributed to helping others, added a tremendous value through encouragement & sharing of information, and had an overall positive influence on the E-Bodies forum through their activity.  Yearly winners could receive a custom jacket, gift certificate and a special in depth interview post that would be pinned to the top of the forum (for 1 year) for all to see.

Each year's winner would be placed in the Hall of Fame so their efforts and contributions are forever appreciated.  Hall of Fame members would forever have a special title under their avatar acknowledging them for their achievement.  Hall of Fame members would not be eligible to win any future Member of the Year awards thus allowing someone new each year to earn the special title and join the Hall of Fame ranks.  Using a predetermined criteria the Moderators would select the Member of the Year.  Of course, the moderators can not select themselves. 

Does this sound like something you would enjoy?

303 Mopar

:perfect10:   :yes:   :ohyeah:   :bradsthumb:   :ebay:

Great idea and promoting a positive forum!

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Shoooter

I think it's a great idea. You guys are looking at the future member of the year in 2050! Once everyone else has won haha :fingerscrossed:

Roadman

:veryexcited:            :cooldance:     :bravo:    :woohoo:    :cool:    :cheers:      :bradsthumb:           :ohyeah:

DetMatt

Blake@diyhemi.com

Sounds good to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

71GranCoupe

ChallengerHK

I like the idea. I think there should be some kind of provision for recognizing moderators as well, though. I guess maybe being a moderator is a form of recognition in itself.

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

70chall440

:bradsthumb: I like the idea, but would offer an alternative or perhaps a suggestion that there be something for the opposite end of the spectrum; best new enthusiast or something like that. Thinking of the new person who just got into the hobby and used the resources of this site to its fullest.. Just a suggestion.

My thought is that there are some on here who have years of experience and who have or had the resources to really explore the hobby and these cars whereas many others got into it recently and are trying to work their way through their cars and may be hesitant to offer advice.
Mopar or no car!!!

Cuda Cody

I like it.  Maybe like a Rookie of the Year?  :idea:

Quote from: 70chall440 on February 18, 2017, 09:59:31 PM
:bradsthumb: I like the idea, but would offer an alternative or perhaps a suggestion that there be something for the opposite end of the spectrum; best new enthusiast or something like that. Thinking of the new person who just got into the hobby and used the resources of this site to its fullest.. Just a suggestion.

My thought is that there are some on here who have years of experience and who have or had the resources to really explore the hobby and these cars whereas many others got into it recently and are trying to work their way through their cars and may be hesitant to offer advice.

Moparman82

Looking for the right 70 Cuda project!

70chall440

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 18, 2017, 10:24:02 PM
I like it.  Maybe like a Rookie of the Year?  :idea:

Exactly. Most if not all of the "senior" people here have Mopar paraphernalia for days and while I am sure anyone would be flattered to be recognized, the new (to Mopar/this forum) people would treasure the experience more.
Mopar or no car!!!