Main Menu

Retro pics, the good old days.

Started by Roadman, January 09, 2017, 12:18:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

That's the car that started it all!   Do you know where it is now?

Quote from: anlauto on January 10, 2017, 06:56:10 PM
My first

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 10, 2017, 09:37:46 PM

My first

Yes in fact I do. It's living a life of leisure in the next town over. Around 1989 a guy came to my house to look at another Cuda I had for sale and spotted it in my driveway (parents house) and made me an "offer I couldn't refuse" ...around 1994 I got a new job in a factory and found out that's where he worked...we stayed in contact for the next 18 years...I see no reason now why he still wouldn't have the car, he loves it.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

I hope you're first on the list when he's ready to part with it.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cuda Cody

Have you thought of buying it back?  There's a lot of things that go in to making a decision to buy a car like price, storage, time, and condition, but that was your first E-Body!  Man I really hope that someday you own that Cuda again.   :yes:

Quote from: anlauto on January 11, 2017, 04:03:58 AM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 10, 2017, 09:37:46 PM

My first

Yes in fact I do. It's living a life of leisure in the next town over. Around 1989 a guy came to my house to look at another Cuda I had for sale and spotted it in my driveway (parents house) and made me an "offer I couldn't refuse" ...around 1994 I got a new job in a factory and found out that's where he worked...we stayed in contact for the next 18 years...I see no reason now why he still wouldn't have the car, he loves it.

anlauto

Maybe if he offered it back to me for what I sold it to him 28 years ago... :takemymoney: :rofl: 
I have other cars I miss more then that one, but you're right you only have one "first".... :crazytalk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Roadman

wanderlustin

@J-Code Jeni thanks for the heads up!  I'm not sure if this qualifies as vintage yet or not but I like the memories :)  This was taken in Illwaco, WA during the Rod Run Cruise to the End of the World in Long Beach, WA.  I think the year was around 1998?  That's my 70 Challenger and friend's 340 Swinger.  Not sure who the C-body belonged to.  440 with 1-7/8" headers and 3" exhaust to the axle and 3.91 gears, my ears were ringing for a while after that road trip!  Back when we drove them every day!

Brads70

A few I've collected over the years.....

Brads70

a few more.... AMC ... sort of a Mopar by default?

Brads70

more...

Marc70challenger

Love that pic of Petty's RR.

And that advert .. Marblehead, MA ... grew up in that area of MA .. lol

Cudakiller70

That last picture brought back some memories for me, had a neighbor with a 70 maverick, ran at Fremont drag strip before it was called baylands. But get this he ran a 426 wedge motor.  :perfect10: Awesome car

All those are cool pictures love it! :twothumbsup:

Wow googled around and found this one and only picture, though this is not Fremont, but his car.

303 Mopar

Some Nascar pics