Main Menu

Retro pics, the good old days.

Started by Roadman, January 09, 2017, 12:18:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RzeroB

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on March 10, 2020, 08:51:37 PM
:burnout:
Found 2 , no launches tho

That's him. John and that Duster were a dynamic wheel-standing combination ... and it was a manual stick car too! One of my favorite racers from back in the day. Thanks Neil!!
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

RUNCHARGER

Hot Rod Magazine ran a series on the buildup of that car. It is pretty interesting.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

Mine was similar 440 4 spd stick car , pulled the front wheels 2 feet + on every pass for a decade ran 60feet in 1.40  but mine was a street car with heater wipers & stock seats & carpet !

three two barrels

Canadian
Hemi Challenger

Chryco Psycho

Brads70

Brads70

Nikki Phillips  IMO sure was the best looking Hurst girl ! ( far right)

JS29

Quote from: Brads70 on March 14, 2020, 06:55:40 AM
Nikki Phillips  IMO sure was the best looking Hurst girl ! ( far right)
:iagree:  :yes:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

three two barrels

Driving must have been chaos back then.

gzig5

Quote from: three two barrels on March 14, 2020, 10:43:43 PM
Driving must have been chaos back then.

Reminds me of Mexico City in the early 90's.  No lines on the streets and you took your life in your hands at every intersection.

Brads70

First thing I noticed was how smooth  the roads are!  Why can't they make them like that now?

HP2

Highest marginal tax rate on the top income earners in 1920 was something like 85%. They had money to pave the roads and there was no crappy sub-standard base underneath it.

RzeroB

Quote from: Brads70 on March 15, 2020, 07:26:29 AM
First thing I noticed was how smooth  the roads are!  Why can't they make them like that now?

Back then there was probably nothing on the road over a couple of thousand pounds ... unlike today where semi's can weigh up to 80,000lbs!!
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)