Main Menu

Retro pics, the good old days.

Started by Roadman, January 09, 2017, 12:18:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

YellowThumper

Not a retro pic. More like a pic of retro times.
This is SoCal during evening rush hour traffic.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

1 Wild R/T

I wonder if this will work.... Drone Footage in Los Angles.... Crazy...  Kind of a follow up to Yellow Thumper's post..

RUNCHARGER

Here's my Dad after he dug the Studebaker out in 1950. It was all Mopar for him after this car.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on March 21, 2020, 09:22:53 PM
I wonder if this will work.... Drone Footage in Los Angles.... Crazy...  Kind of a follow up to Yellow Thumper's post..

Watching videos like that you can't help to think about the billions of dollars being lost every minute around the world....it's staggering what this is going to do to the world's economy :o
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

worthywads

Maybe not quite the old days but 25 years ago anyway, my convertible I drove from Sioux City IA to Holmen WI for the Corn Fest Car show, along side my cousin's 71 A66 N96 and his buddies 383 R/T.  Still had the 318 904, and the 904 barely got me back and I rebuilt it soon after.

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on March 22, 2020, 08:38:34 AM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on March 21, 2020, 09:22:53 PM

Watching videos like that you can't help to think about the billions of dollars being lost every minute around the world....it's staggering what this is going to do to the world's economy :o

I'm sure it will have a negative effect but It's kinda like I used to tell some of the stock car teams complaining about the tires ( hard compounds etc..) if your all on the same tire it's for the most part irrelevant and equalizes things somewhat.  I'm no economist and I'm sure some people will be really hurt by this and some will really prosper but overall it might just end up being a big reset?  I'm hoping at the very least it will cause businesses, governments and people in general to not be so reliant on "foreign " dependency. ( with out naming names)   My kids are saying hey maybe after all this I'll actually be able to afford a house?
In the Johnny Cash/ NIN   song "HURT" there is a line  "You can have it all. My empire of dirt"
That kinda really struck home for me,  reminds me of the importance of "stuff"   

RUNCHARGER

I think you're dead on Brad. I'd like to see most manufacturing and food production brought back to our home countries. I think it's time to reassess what's important  (for example why are entertainers so highly rewarded while tradespeople and transportation workers so undervalued?). It's time for the greed to subside a bit and for people to pull together more and appreciate the core things in life (like spending more time with the family and less time chasing the "stuff" you don't really need anyway).
Sheldon

worthywads

Picture of the family truckster 67 Monaco wagon with a 440, you can see me in the front seat center of the vent window.  We were rough on our wagons.

worthywads

Later in 1975, '70 Fury Wagon with 383.  Road trip from WI to San Diego, we collected beer cans back then, nothing wrong with 11 year old wearing a Stroh's t-shirt and me 13 wearing a Budweiser shirt.

HP2

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 22, 2020, 10:12:23 AM
I think you're dead on Brad. I'd like to see most manufacturing and food production brought back to our home countries. I think it's time to reassess what's important  (for example why are entertainers so highly rewarded while tradespeople and transportation workers so undervalued?). It's time for the greed to subside a bit and for people to pull together more and appreciate the core things in life (like spending more time with the family and less time chasing the "stuff" you don't really need anyway).

I'd like to agree, but it won't, IMO, happen because of good old common thriftiness, greed if you will.  For the above to happen we ALL have to be willing to pay 10-20% more for goods and be willing to give up 10-20% ROI on our retirement funding because if we re-shore manufacturing, the above have to happen to allow it. It is these two things that drove it away to begin with. We would also have to see the maximum nominal tax rates return to 70+% on the richest individuals and corporations, which is where they were in the post WW2 boom that everyone seems to view as the "good old days."

Brads70

Chryco Psycho

JS29

Chryco Psycho