Main Menu

Retro pics, the good old days.

Started by Roadman, January 09, 2017, 12:18:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

worthywads

Were those exhaust manifolds ever available?  I've only see pictures, but never installed in a vehicle.

6bblgt

the "square" cast iron MAX WEDGE manifolds were an improved design intended for the 1964 MAX WEDGE - THEY WERE NEVER USED IN PRODUCTION

the up-and-coming design & production of the 426 HEMI made improvements to the MAX WEDGE obsolete, 1964 production MAX WEDGE components were similar to late-production 1963s

there are only a handful of pairs known to exist - this '64 Dodge with a pair of  "SQUARE" manifolds, has been at MCACN a couple times  :takealook:

worthywads

FF376

The Forward Look! Virgil Exner was a styling genius and these cars were one of his best IMHO... Love the ad type and wording. Dad has had a Royal 4dr hardtop similar to the blue one since the early '80's.

three two barrels

three two barrels

floorit426

I seem to remember, seeing a T/A ad, in a magazine way back. It was a '71, with no stripe. I'm not sure if it was mid 1970, and Dodge anticipated having a '71 model.

HP2

Ahhh, the controversial '71 TA advertisement. It was identical in every aspect to the '70 ad, except the grill.  Even the tire valve stems were in the exact, same, place.

floorit426

I found it. I was wrong in that it was not stripe delete.

RUNCHARGER

I love that photo. Had a bit of airbrushing by the art department though.
Sheldon

Mopsquad

Quote from: jimynick on November 25, 2020, 09:00:26 PM
Hell no! We would've already taken those empties back for more beer! Although I might've been at that place, based on the random Crystal cases and the nearly hidden Labatts Extra Stock. :)) Remember when we used to drink the high test just to get loaded quicker? Man, those days have faded, for sure! Canadian was like type O blood, everybody could use it- and did.  :cheers:

My Canadian beer memories include the lethal Molson Brador at 6.2%.  For an 18 yo French Canadian, It took you to the promised land really fast.  lol

340challconvert

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

three two barrels

three two barrels

FF376

Back in the day I had a copy of this ad in the front cover of my notebook in high school. Cool cars, fat tires, loud exhaust, big hair and jamming Motley Crue on the cassette deck. Now the exhaust is quieter, tires more normal sized , the Crue is on the classic rock station and I don't have much hair but the car is still cool....