Main Menu

Retro pics, the good old days.

Started by Roadman, January 09, 2017, 12:18:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

340challconvert

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

RUNCHARGER

Another wet, winter day so I found a few more. These aren't terribly old (between 20-30 years) but it still goes back to the time before auctions and trailers (which to me was a much more fun time). Seattle show maybe 1995ish, pretty sure it was a real Hemi. I still remember an all black Hemi 71 for sale in the Seattle buy and sell for months and months, it was a mint car, low miles and at that time I couldn't buy it and bring it back because of Canada's import laws (thanks for that bureaucrats).
Sheldon

RUNCHARGER

Hemi swap convt. Check out the intake. Same Seattle show. I think this car had the crazy rocker scoops too, not sure if it is in this photo or a later one I have.
Sheldon

RUNCHARGER

A friend's Hemi R/T S-E, 4 speed from Idaho, mid 90's, Seattle show.
Sheldon

RUNCHARGER

Pat Blais' HemiCuda Automatic. Lovely car I wish I had bought it when he sold it. Seattle show mid 90's I believe. Like all these photos take note of what's parked next to it.
Sheldon

RUNCHARGER

My HemiCuda when I bought it. Looks okay right? Buyer beware, I still have chunks of 2 inch thick bondo I chopped out of the quarters. The door jam was full of bondo too and I had to jack it forward about an inch. Paint covered up braze, bondo, acetylene smoke, you name it.
Sheldon

RUNCHARGER

Typical 80's engine compartment. I had that Hemi nestled in there since 1980 until around 1997 when I found the matching #'s 383 and put the car back "right".
Lots of engine swap experts will tell you that you need a proper Hemi booster etc. to make the swap work. Note the original 383 booster, K-member was original 383 as well. I could do another one the same way today if I wanted, it just takes a few tricks is all.
Car was about 28 years old at this point and the interior was untouched except for a new factory carpet.
Sheldon

RUNCHARGER

1994 and a full garage. I had to peddle the 69 Hemi GTX to pay for the Hemi Cuda (would have been better off to peddle the Hemi Cuda but I always wanted one). I had a 68 340-S at that time as well.
Sheldon

RUNCHARGER

Tim Welborn's "barn find" 71 Six Pack. It was driven to a few Red Deer shows in the 80's.
Sheldon

RUNCHARGER

Just a Hemi 67 GTX convt. driven to a Red Deer Alberta show in the 80's. Memories fuzzy but I think there were 3 1967 Hemi GTX convt's between Calgary and Edmonton sold new. It's at least 3 maybe 4, 2 blue ones and 1 red one that I know of.
Sheldon

RUNCHARGER

Remains of Rocco's 440 automatic Superbird. He daily drove it until he stuck it in the ditch near the ski hill around 1977 after hitting a patch of ice. The car wasn't that bad but he decided to redo it and it ended up sitting outside a body shop for years and finally sunk into the mud. That finished it. The serial # lives on in a Satellite body (nope I had nothing to do with it as that isn't my deal).
Sheldon

RUNCHARGER

440 Six Pack, 4 speed Super Track Pack. My friend Lester bought this car in 1971 and had it for years. It ran hard but he took the engine out and had it modified but it never ran right and he ended up running it daily with 383's and 400's. The matching #'s engine remained with it though and I think it went to the U.S. about 25 years ago. Not sure where it ended up. Some Hillbilly cut off the front sheetmetal and arc welded a cage together but I think a friend of mine undid that before selling it. The Orange Challenger is also a Six Pack, 4 speed car. It is currently restored and lives a few miles away from me.
Sheldon

RUNCHARGER

My Challenger around 1986. I liked the body colour shaker bonnet from the orange Challenger the factory took photos of so I emulated the look. Lots of memories with this car.
Not many people were into the stock look then but I always liked it and this car ran almost all the big tire/modified cars down no problem when I could get traction with the Hemi and 4.10's.
Sheldon

Brads70

dodgemania