Main Menu

Retro pics, the good old days.

Started by Roadman, January 09, 2017, 12:18:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Roadman

johnr

I like the 'ol car, but I really like the old train. Where do I find one of those old streamliners to see & photograph in real ?
--  johnr  --

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: johnr on January 09, 2018, 01:05:40 PM
I like the 'ol car, but I really like the old train. Where do I find one of those old streamliners to see & photograph in real ?

Same here, I always liked those type of train engines, very futuristic.

1 Wild R/T

Chicago Museum of Science & Industry... One of my favorite museums....

They also have the U505
One of six U-boats that were captured by Allied forces during World War II, U-505 was the first warship captured by U.S. forces on the high seas since the War of 1812. She was captured on 4 June 1944 by United States Navy Task Group 22.3

RzeroB

The U-505 is a fascinating display. Wish they let you linger longer inside of her so you could get a better look around. Great display nonetheless.  :bigthumb:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RzeroB on January 09, 2018, 05:31:27 PM
The U-505 is a fascinating display. Wish they let you linger longer inside of her so you could get a better look around. Great display nonetheless.  :bigthumb:

While in the Navy I worked on subs so I really enjoyed checking out the primitive technology...

Chryco Psycho

340challconvert

Quote from: Roadman on January 09, 2018, 12:34:34 PM
:unitedstates: :rebelflag"
Have to love the way the car and train styles kind of match. Almost looks like an ad setting for the car, kind of hawking the car as the "latest technology" at the time!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Roadman

Cudakiller70

realn96

dvs cycles

:perfect10: What is that? Looks like a giant computer mouse in a wooden inbox. :clueless:

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: dvs cycles on January 11, 2018, 05:43:19 PM
:perfect10: What is that? Looks like a giant computer mouse in a wooden inbox. :clueless:

You asking about this?  It's a waterbed (70's thing) thats severely overfilled...   BTW Welcome to the forum...