Main Menu

Too close

Started by Brads70, July 23, 2021, 11:32:12 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Some excitement last week. This was about a 5 minute walk from my house. Properties all around me has shingles off and tree's down but I was spared somehow.  :andyangel:
Weird the Challenger was in one of those tent garages in the backyard. That was the first thing I checked on . It was fine , the outside of the car was covered  in pieces of green maple leaves  but none elsewhere inside the tent? Weird? Someone ? had a pretty big empty beer can collection going as they were scattered all over my yard/lawn . Looked like I had one heck of a party going on!  :haha:
Lots of roofing hammers, generators, news helicopters, and chain saws going all week. Say a prayer if your able , as some folks lost everything . No lives were lost amazingly enough. 

Dakota

Holy crap.    :rubeyes:  Glad everybody came through that alive.   So sorry to see what happened to your near neighbors. 

We evacuated for hurricanes a bunch of times when we lived in south Texas.  We had very minor damage (lost a couple of garage roof shingles once) at the same time people 2 doors away had their house roof ripped open.  I'm sure you're counting your blessings. 

Prayers sent.   

Jay Bee

Thanks for the news. I was wondering how close that was to you and how you made out.
I heard that some homeowners might not get into their homes for a year.

Glad you came out of that unscathed.

7E-Bodies

I'd hate that right now with lumber prices. Been there, done it. Scary stuff.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

anlauto

Yea its weird...not a trailer park in sight  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration