Main Menu

2019 Challenger Hellcat "Redeye" will be 797 HP.

Started by Cuda Cody, June 28, 2018, 10:21:00 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Looks like the rumors were true about some of the Demon parts and design features making to the new Hellcat.  They are calling it the "Redeye" because it's the Hellcat possessed by the Demon.

https://www.allpar.com/news/2018/06/2019-challenger-hellcat-redeye-packs-797-horsepower-41173

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/dodge/challenger/2019/2019-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat-redeye-first-look-review/

303 Mopar

The hype video and more detail in the second   :banana:

Chryco Psycho

They must have heard about the run against the 67 Coronet & decided to up the power LOL  :burnout:

Brads70

I like everything but the hood. Looks too close to the 2000's Pontiac Trans Am. The late model T/A hood was/is my favourite hood with the AAR style second. Cool car though!

RUNCHARGER

Ah just pretend it's a modern interpretation of a Cuda hood. I agree though t does look like a formula Firebird hood, I always liked them too though.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

303 Mopar

GoodysGotaCuda

Nice, the more engines they keep cranking out like this the possibility of me owning one some day increases!

Funny how they couldn't eek out 3more horsepower to round it up to 800. I bet someone in marketing, or even engineering, was cracking to whip to get that done. :burnout:
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

kathyscuda

Chryco Psycho

makes sense to have the functional hood scoop but it would look really bad on only 1 side

303 Mopar

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on June 28, 2018, 03:39:17 PM
Funny how they couldn't eek out 3more horsepower to round it up to 800. I bet someone in marketing, or even engineering, was cracking to whip to get that done. :burnout:

The 707 and 797 hp numbers may be on purpose as a marketing ploy to stand out vs just a rounded number.   :thinking:

Shoooter

I read that there is extra body moulding options you can buy too. it took 2 sec off the lap time.  it was 3 inches wider I think

1Burgfish

7212Mopar

1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

1Burgfish