Main Menu

Always Take Pictures or Video's

Started by js27, December 21, 2020, 06:29:51 AM

Previous topic Next topic

js27

I have been into photography since the 70's. When you take a photo you are capturing a moment in time that can never be repeated. I used photo's to restore all my cars. They saved my ass so many times. This pass October I visited my brother up in PA. My wife and I always make the 700 mile journey ( one way ) once a year to visit our family. We usually go up in March but this year because of Covid 19 we did not go. So I made the trip this year in October alone as my wife could not get the time off from work. I spent a week with my brother and his wife. They have 3 grown children and 5 grandchildren. On Sunday October 18th we celebrated my sister in law Mary's 66th birthday. It was great to have everybody together. As always I took my camera and took many photo's of everybody. On Monday I made the trip home. This past Thursday my brother called and told me that when he got up this morning he could not wake up his wife Mary. Called 911 and paramedics could not wake her up so they life flighted her to Hershey Medical Center. Turns out she had a migraine headache when she went to bed. This was not uncommon as she has had then before like millions of other people. They did a cat scan and found she suffered a major bleed in her brain. It was very deep in the brain and surgery was not a option. She never regained consciousness and because if the brain swelling she had no brain activity. On Saturday her condition started going down hill and the doctors came in to perform more activity test but told my brother to consider what he wanted to do. My brother and his 3 kids waited in the hall while they did there test. My brother and kids all agonized over making the decision to turn off the machines that were keeping her alive. Then the doctors came out and told them that Mary had Passed. After we all prayed for the last few days for a Christmas Miracle that she would some how recover we got it. It was not what we had hoped but Mary and God made that decision so that the family would not have to. This was completely Mary's way. She was the planner-organizer-the glue that kept everything together. It is so sad that this happened this time of year. There are Christmas presents all over the house some wrapped some not. Mary was a excellent seamstress and made so many clothes for the grandkids. Some finished some not. Packages arriving that she ordered...It is a very tough time for the family. While I was up there at her party Mary asked me to take a family photo. So we set it up out in the yard on a beautiful fall day. This was the first family group shot with the newest grandchild and only girl-- 4 month old Ridley. It turned out it will be the ONLY family group shot with everybody there. This photo will be cherished forever by the family. MY brother is 1st row on the left and Mary is 1st row on the right. The second shot is Mary holding Ridley she posted on her Facebook page just 2 days before she pasted. She was a very healthy, energetic-exercised everyday-ate very healthy and always took care of herself. The doctors said she was probably born with a abnormally in the vessel in her brain. It could have burst 20 years ago or 20 years from now. There is no rhyme or reason why it happened now. I am posting this story NOT looking for sympathy. We all have to deal with tragedy in our lives. I am posting this because we all need a wake up calls sometimes that life is very short and very fragile. We need to all remember and try to live everyday as it could be your last. Treat your family and friends like this may be the last time you see them or talk to them. TAKE PICTURES because even though they might not seem like much now because you are all there. One day that picture will be all you have of a loved one. Instead of leaving comments below just tell the people in your life how much you LOVE them-tell them how much you mean to them--tell them how much they have done for you--give them hugs and yes TAKE PICTURES.
Merry Christmas to all of you
JS27

HP2

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Loosing a family member is always difficult and losing one in the holiday season is even more so. My prayers go to your you and your brother's family.

It is interesting to read about the photography aspect. My wife and two of my kids have taken up photography and they are often out with a bag of gear. We easily have thousands of pictures of seemingly everyday events. One of the wonderful things about digital photography is the ease of creating photos.  With most of us having a camera in our pocket, it really is easy to capture nearly any moment we choose without having to pay for film or development.  It really has made it possible to get the ultimate shot when you can run off 100s of frames of anything and after viewing them can find exactly that perfectly composed one in the batch.

Brads70

Sorry for you and your family's loss. Especially at this time of the year. Your right , life is short and we all never know when our time will arrive.  :console:

Poolshark314

Sorry for your loss and you are right about taking pictures. When I was a kid, I found taking family pictures to be a huge hassle, but I realized later it is a great way to keep really good memories of both those who are here and are not.
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

Chryco Psycho

My condolences , I am glad you have the pictures & memories  :andyangel:

soundcontrol

So sorry for your loss. I used to takes tons of pictures, I have 40 000 of them. Not so much recently.
Now I'm gonna start doing it again, you are so right. Thank you!

71gogreen

God Bless Mary, thank you for reminding us to cherish family pictures too.

BIGSHCLUNK

I'm so sorry, even more so considering time of year. Blessings for you and your family