Main Menu

Anybody Know Anything about a bodies

Started by ToxicWolf, July 18, 2018, 03:51:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ToxicWolf

Quote from: Flatdad on July 19, 2018, 06:38:41 AM
Nice! Those must have been some special car parts to trade for a car like that! What did you trade? NOS quarter panels? Gold plated cuda parts? 1 Hemi block?

:haha:. Just stuff left over from the restomod of my 70 Challenger plus parts I picked up from a 70 RT/SE..  Of course that includes the engine etc.

1 Wild R/T

A little more info on the brake swap..... While it is a bolt on there's more to it than swapping spindles...... The early cars use a smaller upper bar joint so you need the upper control arms from a 73 & up A body with disc brakes... The 73 & up drum brake cars continued to use the small ball joint....   

Also the 73 & up disc brakes are big bolt pattern so you'll want to swap the rear axle at the same time & it will require new wheels....
On the rear axle I would grab a 66-67 B body axle since they are close to the width of an A body & they already have the big bolt pattern...

The spring reaches will need to be moved in .5 per side.... Personally I prt the axle in the car with the perches loose so I can shift the axle for max equal tire clearance... A few tacks then pull it back out & weld it solid..

ToxicWolf

Thank you. That's a big help. I know it will be fun.   :thinking: