Main Menu

Closed tomorrow?

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, January 29, 2019, 06:06:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

BIGSHCLUNK

my dad would say '' colder that a hooker's heart"  :haha:

Bullitt-

Chris , your not seeing the good points of the cold weather

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Daveh

You guys all have it easy.  Down here in South Florida it's 59 degrees.  I had to put on a long sleeve shirt but still have shorts on.  This is really roughing it.    :haha:

JS29

Quote from: Daveh on January 30, 2019, 07:13:08 AM
You guys all have it easy.  Down here in South Florida it's 59 degrees.  I had to put on a long sleeve shirt but still have shorts on.  This is really roughing it.    :haha:
:foul:

RUNCHARGER

It's about 40 here in Canada this morning.
Sheldon

BIGSHCLUNK

This morning I let the dogs out... it was -23  :unbelievable:  Where my Florida property is it's 59.... feel bad for them.  @Bullitt- she'd be hard as concrete up here .... but that be ok  :rofl:

blown motor

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 30, 2019, 07:28:56 AM
It's about 40 here in Canada this morning.

Maybe at your end of Canada it is! It's -20C here.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

js27

35 F here in South Carolina this morning at 5:00 am. It is up to 45  and sunny here now. Now I remember why I moved South. 10 F back in PA.

JS27

Mopsquad

It's gonna be 74* here in Palm Springs, working on the car with the garage open.

I paid my dues, 40 years in Canada, shoveling, scraping, watching the city snow plow pile up my freshly cleaned driveway and starting over.

YellowThumper

To put it into perspective. Last night my cousin in Wisconsin noted that there was 111 degree difference from inside their home to the outside...
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

ToxicWolf

I was watching the news and a man went outside in Chicago and threw a glass of water into the air. It froze immediately and floated away as mist.  :unbelievable:

dodj

-35*C  they are calling for tonight(about the same in fahrenheit) . I'm in north western Ontario and we get a several days each winter like this. Plug the vehicle in..no problems...other than the seat being really hard. If you don't have a block heater....you are probably screwed. :bricks:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Slotts

:thinking: Maybe the USA should consider securing the Norther boarder from Arctic blasts with these...

Jim
Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

DodgeGuy

School teacher here, we announced yesterday early afternoon that we were closing for today and tomorrow, here in NW Ohio.

With wind chills, we're reaching temps of -30 plus. I was just outside for a matter of 15 seconds and could not believe how cold it is, especially when that wind hits you.

What's really crazy is that they're calling for temps in the high 30's on Saturday, then high 40's for Sunday, then into the 50's on Monday...before going back into the upper 30's.

An 80 to 90 degree temperature swing in the matter of 3 days or so....nuts. 
1974 Dodge Challenger Rallye
360 4Barrel HP
Factory 4-Speed

MEK-Dangerous

The postal service was canceled in 10 States today.

What happened to that mantra they used to say?

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"

Have we gotten soft?