Main Menu

Cool street rod

Started by Spikedog08, September 23, 2019, 09:42:55 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

Went to a small show in Milford Mi yesterday  . . had about 400 cars!  A decent turnout for mopars with 1 AAR, 2 convertible challengers (both had air conditioning and power windows) 2 1971 cudas . . I was the only round tail light cuda, couple other challengers.  Really a good show and a nice day even though the weatherman indicated it was going to rain all day up until about the time of the show!

Anyways, I was sitting on the street when this coupe rolled down a side street, right by me and parked on the side of the road!  WOW!  It was pretty cool!  I really like how all the gauges are run on an ipad?  What kind of fuel do you think this would use?  I didn't smell anything potent?  Thoughts?  Those tires were massive!  Glad I was there to witness this awesome ride?  Also what is it?  Ford?   

The white on white convertible was a really nice car as well!   Very cool!  Also last picture, you can see my hardtop in the back ground . . . nice day! 

Click pictures to enlarge . . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

wanderlustin

I'd be happy with half that tread with but then again I like steering with both ends!  :unbelievable:

Great pics.  Looks like a good turnout.  Any audio of that blown beast?

Burdar

QuoteI really like how all the gauges are run on an ipad?

I just saw a review of the 2020 Mercedes GLE 350 and it has something similar.  Different for sure.

Spikedog08

Quote from: wanderlustin on September 23, 2019, 09:54:35 AM
Any audio of that blown beast?

Wish a had been prepared enough for a video but sadly . . I'm sure I just sat there with my mouth open in awe . . 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

wanderlustin

Quote from: Spikedog08 on September 23, 2019, 11:31:21 AM
Quote from: wanderlustin on September 23, 2019, 09:54:35 AM
Any audio of that blown beast?

Wish a had been prepared enough for a video but sadly . . I'm sure I just sat there with my mouth open in awe . .

I'd have been right there with you!  My wife sometimes has to lift my lower jaw when I stuck in awe.  :rofl:

YellowThumper

That iPad view looks similar to the Megalog viewer I have on laptop for Megasquirt setup.

Cool cars.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Chryco Psycho

dave73

I have a soft spot for street rods. I grew up around them all my life, my challenger kind of fell in my lap and I couldn't not buy it. If this car didn't "find me", I would be in a street rod right now.

That is a 33-34 ford 3 window coupe, most likely a repro fiberglass body. Tell tale for fiberglass is usually the lack of door handles, drip rails, etc. A real deal steel 33-34 3 window is 6 figures so fiberglass is a way to get into one way cheaper and not worry about originality and all that.

jimynick

Yeah, I'd've said it was a '34 as you rarely ever see a '33 and I agree that it's a 'glass body. Not often you see somebody stack a blower on top of a tunnel ram on a BBC either. He'd get pulled over here for obstructing the drivers view- bummer. He's probably paying it off by rolling lawns on the weekend, eh?  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"