no reason to buy anything new anymore

blown motor

Just another reason to drive a classic muscle car.  :yes:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Brads70

I mentioned something similar in another post. Someone implied maybe I was being a bit "cynical"
I don't think I was , just can see what's coming down the pipe........and not a fan of it, too much control.

RUNCHARGER

It's all about control, I see it everyday and the younger generation embraces all their freedom deteriorating. From paying big money buying for a home on someone else's property to paying for deadbeat's free housing and illicit drugs with your hard earned tax money.
Sheldon

Dakota

:iagree: with you @Brads70.  it's great that there is technology for emergency braking, antilock systems and such, but I'm not ready to have my car monitor my heart rate - a bit too much like Star Trek becoming real.  I don't think I'll ever own an "Alexa" unit or whatever those home convenience things are called since they seem to be always listening.   Way too much room for abuse. 

cuda hunter

I don't like it.  I like control.  that's giving up way too much control.

However, I really like this part of the system.   https://atap.google.com/soli/
Absolutely awesome!  The possibilities of this are endless.  And no moving parts at that. 

Star trek is ok.  We will be there someday.  Nothing was ever created before it was imagined.   
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

YellowThumper

Quote from: cuda hunter on March 14, 2019, 07:51:31 AM
I don't like it.  I like control.  that's giving up way too much control.

However, I really like this part of the system.   https://atap.google.com/soli/
Absolutely awesome!  The possibilities of this are endless.  And no moving parts at that. 

Star trek is ok.  We will be there someday.  Nothing was ever created before it was imagined.

Rubber was...
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

BIGSHCLUNK

Quote from: Dakota on March 14, 2019, 07:06:50 AM
:iagree: with you @Brads70.  it's great that there is technology for emergency braking, antilock systems and such, but I'm not ready to have my car monitor my heart rate - a bit too much like Star Trek becoming real.  I don't think I'll ever own an "Alexa" unit or whatever those home convenience things are called since they seem to be always listening.   Way too much room for abuse.

Just take a look on youtube if you think things like "alexa" are not recording every move you make. (whether in your house or car) Way too "big brother" for me. My wife got some kind of google thing in an xmas xchange....  it will NEVER come out the box in my house

js27

I am with most of you. I don't and will never own a Alexis or Google anything. They already proved that these things have listening devices in them and they do not tell you about them. Your laptop camera can be turned remotely--your smart TV is on and listening even when the power button is off, Your new car can actually be high jack remotely while you are driving it. . All this stuff is proven. All these cheap DNA kits were offered for one reason--DNA DATA BASE under the curtain of --Hey it's fun to see your family ancestor. Everything you search on google is cataloged with algorithms. Every purchase you make on your credit or debit card is logged and saved. This is also why we have such a big push for gun registration. It is all about CONTROL..
Scary
JS27

cuda hunter

I've been gifted an alexa and some other talking box.  Both are in the closet and I won't turn them on. 
I already have a smart phone, a computer and a tv that listens to me anyway. 

Funny how scared everyone was back in the day about being wire tapped.  Now people are buying wire taps and installing them in their homes.  Everywhere. 

definitely crazy. 

Even with all this, the second amendment stands strong in my house and my brethren's home's. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

ToxicWolf

It won't be long before the computer in your car takes over and takes you to the police station if you're driving drunk.  They will use that as the first grab at control.  It will just get worse from there.   :pullinghair:  :cheers:

:banana: yes, I'm having one of those days.

B5fourspeed

My bumper to bumper warranty was up at 36k on my Jeep Grand Cherokee.At 36,020 miles I got a call stating my warranty was up and they could sell me an extended warranty.Someone is tracking my miles.

ToxicWolf

Quote from: B5fourspeed on March 14, 2019, 09:17:12 AM
My bumper to bumper warranty was up at 36k on my Jeep Grand Cherokee.At 36,020 miles I got a call stating my warranty was up and they could sell me an extended warranty.Someone is tracking my miles.

Wow ... They're in there with you.  :foul:

71-440

Goes along with your smart tv listening to your conversations and smart phone tracking your every move.

Welcome to the new Communist state.
Joe