Main Menu

Cuda versus Barracuda vin codes

Started by tdwnilla1, August 14, 2021, 11:56:58 AM

Previous topic Next topic

tdwnilla1

Hi everyone,

I have seen a 1971 "Cuda" at a few local car shows that does not have to first two characters as BS or BH to designate it a Cuda or Barracuda but instead it has a B2. Does anyone know what the B2 is ? This person has the car badged as a Cuda and I tend to believe it however, there is no information I have found to support this. I wouldn't care but I have a true Cuda and it is a pet peeve of mine when people badge a car for something it is not... and when I asked him what B2 was he couldn't explain it. Any answers would be greatly appreciated!!

anlauto

Could be a factory mistake, but seems unlikely the place for an error ? Other then that, did the tag look original ?

There's nothing from the factory that would start with B2 :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RzeroB

"2" looks like a reversed "S". Must of been made on a Monday ... I can see the guy setting the type-set into the stamping machine and mistaking the "2" for a "S" because of his hangover.  :drinkingbud:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

tdwnilla1

Tag looked original however, the B2 was towards the bottom of the tag and I feel it is supposed to be at the top. The first two in the vin on the registration sticker are B2 as well.

Poolshark314

Does the car have a fender tag? The VIN would be at the bottom of that too and the door jamb. I'd be curious if they all matched
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

cuda hunter

Pictures of what you are talking about would get you better answers.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

I wonder if it's some sort of "State issued VIN "  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

tdwnilla1

Quote from: Poolshark314 on August 14, 2021, 02:12:51 PM
Does the car have a fender tag? The VIN would be at the bottom of that too and the door jamb. I'd be curious if they all matched

Yes on the fender tag and it was a car show so I didn't really think he would appreciate me opening his door  lol

xx88man

Did you only look at the fender tag or also the VIN tag in the dash?
Keep yer foot in it