Main Menu

Did anyone catch the episode: Hot Wheels 50th anniversary on T.V?

Started by Topcat, July 13, 2018, 11:01:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

It was a pretty cool show

Showed the Snake & Mongoose and said it was a major marketing that put them over.
Interview of Don & Tom as well.

Too much to show & tell.

Topcat

The most valuable Hot Wheel is the Magenta Metallic VW Micro Bus with Surf Boards.

Valued at $150,000 plus.
I saw it once at Petersen's Hot Rod Museum (under glass)

Cuda Cody

Years ago in the 90's a buddy had that Hotwheel.  He was big in to Hotwheels.  He sold it and bought a new Viper.

Quote from: Topcat on July 13, 2018, 11:05:49 PM
The most valuable Hot Wheel is the Magenta Metallic VW Micro Bus with Surf Boards.

Valued at $150,000 plus.
I saw it once at Petersen's Hot Rod Museum (under glass)

Topcat

They said on the show they discontinued it because the center of gravity was too high with the bigger Redline wheels. Very few were made.

So it's like the Susan B Anthony. I suppose in some way.

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: Cuda Cody on July 13, 2018, 11:23:10 PM
Years ago in the 90's a buddy had that Hotwheel.  He was big in to Hotwheels.  He sold it and bought a new Viper.

Seems like a good trade . both are collectable wheels but the Viper should be more fun !!

BIGSHCLUNK

Yes I watched it. I was a little to "old" when these came around. I'm of the "matchbox" generation.  :cooldance: Now I wonder where all those cars my brother had went???  :notsure:

RUNCHARGER

I was a bit old as well when they came out. I did have a few of the originals though but they are all gone, probably given away to kids over the years. I pretty much remember Hot Wheels starting in 1970 because of the Snake and Mongoose deal.
Sheldon

ZEN357

Great show, wish I still had my Hot wheels Collection from when I was a kid.