Main Menu

Dodge - Electric car ?

Started by anlauto, July 08, 2021, 12:14:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Great video to watch....Leave it to Dodge to come up with this take on the electric car... :twothumbsup:

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

soundcontrol

Good video, gonna be interesting to see what they come up with.

chargerdon

I guess they never heard of the Mustang EV..  ??   

Im sure the Dodge version will be even more powerful than the Ford version.   

7E-Bodies

My son and I had recently been discussing the probability that Dodge would hit the electric market hard. Thanks for posting!
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

anlauto

Quote from: chargerdon on July 08, 2021, 01:09:43 PM
I guess they never heard of the Mustang EV..  ??   

Im sure the Dodge version will be even more powerful than the Ford version.

Isn't the Mustang EV  an SUV now ? I would hardly call it a muscle car.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

SgtSuperbird

:barf:

It will no longer be a car, but a glorified golf cart. It's going to take me awhile to stomach an electric Challenger. They already ruined the Charger for me when they made it a 4 door.

Mopsquad

They asked why would Dodge build an EV car?  Well on the performance front, they were probably sick and tired of YouTube videos showing Hellcats getting handily beaten by the Tesla Golf Cart Corporation.

70 Top Banana

But they (EVs) are so uncool. I guess you can set at a stop light and go vroom, vroom, vroom. I heard Tesla is thinking of or maybe has started to build in engine sounds through the radio speakers. What a laugher.

70 Top Banana

The location for the video is Meadowbrook Hall. I live probably 5 minutes north of Meadowbrook Hall. The original estate was a farm purchased by John Dodge. After John died his widow remarried a lumber baron and built this home. It cost $4million dollars in 1929. It is unbelievable inside and is a great tour if you are ever this way. Back in my Chrysler days we had a Christmas dinner party out there almost every year.

70vert

Dodge had to do it to survive, and looks like they are doing it right (at least per the video). But they are behind with the Mustang EV getting a lot of press. NHRA is already creating a class for EV and I'm sure other motor sports will do something.

EV and Gas will live together for many years to come, so hopefully best of both worlds!!

7E-Bodies

I think Dodge is wise to jump in. I remember when Kodak was scoffing about digital cameras...remember Kodak?

jordan

I am going out on a limb on this forum saying that I look forward to seeing what they bring to the game.  I have only driven a Tesla model S p90 once.  It was practical, comfortable, quiet, and stupid fast!!!  My boss has one and says it cost him $9 in electricity for the equivalent mileage in gas costing $50.  I'm not getting rid of my stroker big block any time soon, but for a daily driver, an electrified Challenger might just be the ticket.  Let's see if they can get it in a chassis that handles well too. 
"Don't brake until you see God!"

7E-Bodies

@jordan i concur. They need to get in the game. That being said, I won't be selling any e bodies at any price.

PLY474

e-Daytona??  I'm seeing fender vents.

FF376

I'm still old school but these are the future. Now if we can just get the pricing down some....

I am digging the emblem though.....