Started by blown motor, February 12, 2023, 09:43:53 AM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

Chrysler has always had the best type of advertising....what other company would have their cars doing burnouts or talk about ED ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

Quote from: anlauto on February 12, 2023, 12:08:54 PM
Chrysler has always had the best type of advertising....what other company would have their cars doing burnouts or talk about ED ?

Ya, instead of PE they could have called it ED, electrical disfunction.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

YellowThumper

Quote from: blown motor on February 12, 2023, 12:18:32 PM
Quote from: anlauto on February 12, 2023, 12:08:54 PM

Ya, instead of PE they could have called it ED, electrical disfunction.

Disfunction is perfect word for it.
The downtime required for lengthy drives will never allow this method to become mainstream.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

ec_co

The downtime required for lengthy drives will never allow this method to become mainstream.
[/quote]

electrification is still YOUNG tech. billions of $$$ are being put into R&D and new battery/charging tech isn't far off. "never" is a pretty strong word for something that is still being strongly developed to resolve these issues and fears. before the end of this decade we'll be seeing 1-2minute charge times and ranges of a thousand + miles per charge.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

JH27N0B

As an engineer with 35 years experience I've seen more than a few examples of the honchos making promises and setting a goal with set timelines that science and engineering can't meet. I've seen companies end up out of business as a result. My present employer almost went bankrupt 10 years ago in one of these situations.
In fact we are currently developing EV buses and trucks, and I'm not too optimistic on if these leads to a popular profitable product, it's not like the effort is being driven by market demand.
A couple years ago they had a preview of a big EV roadshow they were doing, in our front lobby.
After work that day I drove out of the parking garage to see a big diesel tow truck out front with the driver getting the vehicle he was going to tow secured.  It was a EV medium duty truck from the roadshow preview they were in the process of taking down.  :rofl:
I took a picture of that which to me speaks 1000 words.
I think I've heard the batteries and cooling system for them weigh around 10,000 pounds. Those 10,000 pounds of batteries store far less energy than 70 gallons of diesel fuel that weighs around 500 pounds.
Time will tell where this all ends up but don't bet the farm on it.  :alan2cents: