Main Menu

Double emails from the forum.

Started by ViperMan, January 18, 2017, 08:48:03 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ViperMan

Hey @Cuda Cody - not sure if this is intentional, but when someone tags you in the forum, you get double emails - one that you were tagged, one that you got a personal message that you were tagged.

Just FYI!

Cuda Cody

@ViperMan  Yes, that can be adjusted in your profile settings.  Hover over the "Profile" in the Red header tab and wait for the drop down.  Then click "Forum Profile".  You'll see a tab that says "Mentions".  Click the "Setting" in the blue box and you can adjust how you want to be notified.

There's also a 2nd place that you can adjust the settings.  And that's the PM's.  Under the "Modify Profile" you'll see a tab "Personal Messaging" and that's where you can adjust getting emails for PM.

Hope that helps.  Let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you with these settings.  :bigthumb:

ViperMan

Ah gotcha - so it was set to send me an email AND a private message when I get "mentioned," (like anybody knows who I am...) and then the Private message ALSO sends me an email.

Turned off the PM when mentioned - that should fix it.  Thanks!

:vipermanhiding:

anlauto

I thought I was the only one getting two emails because I was special.... :crying: :)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71GranCoupe

You are special Alan, how many have the two cent icon with their name in it?  :alan2cents:  alan2cents

soundcontrol

Aha, thats why I get 2 mails when I get tagged. But isn't it a bit confusing, when you get tagged you also get a personal message with the same text as in the forum post that tagged you, should you answer the personal message or answer in the thread? I have just answered in the threads, and ignored the personal messages with the same text.

Cuda Cody

Yes, all your settings can be adjusted in your Profile menu so you only get notified whatever way you prefer.

Here's how I like to set mine up.

~I get 1 email when Mentioned.

~I get 1 email for a PM.

@soundcontrol   Go in your Profile and check to see how your boxes are set up.  Mine look like this:

soundcontrol

Yep, I adjusted the settings so I only get one mail now, but I still think it's strange that a tagging in a thread also creates a personal message with the same text as in the post.

Cuda Cody

It will not generate a Personal Message if you uncheck the box "Receive PM notification when mentioned".

Quote from: soundcontrol on March 17, 2017, 07:57:48 AM
I still think it's strange that a tagging in a thread also creates a personal message with the same text as in the post.

soundcontrol

Quote from: Cuda Cody on March 17, 2017, 08:07:23 AM
It will not generate a Personal Message if you uncheck the box "Receive PM notification when mentioned".

Quote from: soundcontrol on March 17, 2017, 07:57:48 AM
I still think it's strange that a tagging in a thread also creates a personal message with the same text as in the post.

Aha! Great, did not get that, thanks Cody!