Main Menu

E-Bodies - Parental Advice Column

Started by anlauto, December 09, 2019, 07:08:43 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Okay team.....Lets start this thread in jest....I know we're not "certified experts" in the field of parenting however we have a LOT of parents on this board, some newer then others and some that are even Grandparents....and I think we got a lot of great advice we can share with the parents of our newest member Enzo William Reich.... :worship:

I'm sure @Cuda Cody and @J-Code Jeni will love to hear from all of us experts and hopefully get some good laughs along the way....

So lets post our advice, our funny stories and our even not so funny stories....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

When my wife was first pregnant I was so proud when I came home from the grocery store with the JUMBO pack of diapers figuring I had the first month or so covered....I was quick to learn that I was SO wrong....the little tyke was a poop monster those first weeks going through 8-10 diaper changes a day  :o 
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: anlauto on December 09, 2019, 07:11:34 AM
When my wife was first pregnant I was so proud when I came home from the grocery store with the JUMBO pack of diapers figuring I had the first month or so covered....I was quick to learn that I was SO wrong....the little tyke was a poop monster those first weeks going through 8-10 diaper changes a day  :o

I remember being in the same situation,  but we have twins... so it was more like a box of diapers a day...

My wife and I joke and say we received a pay raise when our boys were potty trained. They are 5 now, time flies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

Cudajason

I have one piece of advise that I always give to new parents.

Enjoy them when they are little, you will blink and the will be grown.

My daughter turns 20 and my son 13 in Feb.  It truly feels like yesterday when the were each born.

I wished I spent more time with them at every stage.

I read a quote recently that said:

The days are long, but the years are short.

It is applicable in life and even more so in parenting.

Jason

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Spikedog08

Love to add to this thread but . . . no kids.   

Advise?  Keep them full of gas?   
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Cudajason on December 09, 2019, 07:55:09 AM
I have one piece of advise that I always give to new parents.

Enjoy them when they are little, you will blink and the will be grown.

My daughter turns 20 and my son 13 in Feb.  It truly feels like yesterday when the were each born.

I wished I spent more time with them at every stage.

I read a quote recently that said:

The days are long, but the years are short.

It is applicable in life and even more so in parenting.

Jason

Yup, work is always gonna be there, kids grow faster than you realize.... Don't let it slip away.....

7212Mopar

Train the baby from the beginning. Do not give him/her a pacifiers and do not overfeed. Stick with recommended schedule. What goes in must come out either at the top or the bottom.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Brads70

Cody..... open the diaper quick then close it quick and wait till  the water works have ended.... :rofl:
Never bounce them around much and hold them over your head after being fed, especially breast fed
results may vary.

Those clips at the do it yourself car wash..... I tell all the older ladies I used them to hold hands, pressure washer works really good at cleaning out all the crevasses.  :D

Seriously though, enjoy it goes very fast . Don't forget to take time as a couple too!

R/T's 4 R/P

Here's the best advice i heard and have passed it along to others starting families...
"Raise your child so you will like them as an adult"

We always wonder how many adults are so: mean, bigoted, lazy, irresponsible, condescending, arrogant, etc...well, it was never parented out of them..
For the first year of a childs life we tell them they are the center of the universe, then we spend the next 18 years trying to un-teach that!
The best accolades a parent can receive are when your child is an adult...before then it is all a work in progress.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

Skid Row

Don't know whether you know ;You can forget sleep for the next 3 to 6 months. Dig deep, help her all you can, And Make sure she has a good rocking chair.

jimynick

We were laughing about this just the other day and remembered when first baby's soother would fall on the floor and there'd be a rush to boil water to sterilize it- and by the third kid, you picked it up, checked for no fuzz nor grunge, wiped it off on your shirt and plugged 'er back in! LOL Having said that, teach them right from wrong and don't be talked/cajoled out of it, remember who's the parent and teach them that some things are life altering decisions that deserve further thought before doing and lastly, get him to know his grand parents and  tell him that you love him every day and every time he leaves you.
PS- get him out in the garage asap  ;)
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Wayne

Seems like we were just in your shoes....my boy is 5 now.  Enjoy every minute.  Some of those tough times in the middle of the night comforting them will be special memories later. 
1970 Cuda 383 4spd red on red
Backyard Hotrods @ Youtube, Facebook & Instagram
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2bd5dyuOKCJT-kWhdEGm3A

js27

This is for a few years down the road but remember to be Parents first-friends second. Love them all the time but discipline when necessary. Kids are a blank canvas you as parents are the painters.
JS27

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

HP_Cuda

It's the hardest job you will ever love.

:twothumbsup:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200