Main Menu

Facebook group page dead?

Started by ragtopdodge, January 15, 2024, 12:12:48 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Quote from: ragtopdodge on January 19, 2024, 02:32:08 PMGuess I've been banned from the group as this is all I see:

Well what did you say? lol
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

torredcuda

I also agree that there is a lot of BS, scammers and wrong info but there is also a lot of good info and advice, parts and cars for sale and other stuff and it is a LOT more active then here so faster responses. Like anything good and bad. and there is BS, scammers and bad info on websites as well, this one being the exception for the most part. I always try to direct people to join here as well.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

captcolour

Quote from: cataclysm80 on January 19, 2024, 09:49:30 AM
Quote from: captcolour on January 19, 2024, 05:51:41 AMI remember a post about block stampings (I think) for '68 or older B-bodies. 

Every Facebook group has a different admin team.  The quality of the admin team has a HUGE impact on the quality of the group. 
A post about B body block stampings definitely wouldn't be in the E-Bodies Facebook group. 
I recommend joining only the good groups and avoiding the bad groups. 
Too many people try to join every single group, post the exact same thing into every group, and then they get confused about which group they're participating in. 

I was just using the B-body thread as an example.  It was on a B-bodies page and not an E.

JH27N0B

I won't join Facebook because I don't want to give up my privacy for Zuckerberg to sell to anyone and everyone in exchange for mostly being exposed to everyone's narcissism.
That being said, I find I can lurk on many sites without being logged in, and when I checked I can see the E bodies.org site.  I'm surprised anyone can be blocked from seeing it when even a non Facebook member can see it?

johnshotrods

I,m on a few facebook forums as I like to see what some people are working on or and sometimes selling .As far as taking what they claim as correct or gospel thats a whole other story . I consider myself pretty new to the whole Mopar group so i,m VERY reluctant to take advice from some facebook person that i don't know  :cheers: which is one of the reasons I joined this group . I will admit though I've made some friends over facebook market place by buying and selling parts . I know for me i wouldn't be able to restore my Cuda even close to correct without the knowledge and help of others that really know these cars .

torredcuda

Quote from: JH27N0B on January 20, 2024, 08:05:56 AMI won't join Facebook because I don't want to give up my privacy for Zuckerberg to sell to anyone and everyone in exchange for mostly being exposed to everyone's narcissism.
That being said, I find I can lurk on many sites without being logged in, and when I checked I can see the E bodies.org site.  I'm surprised anyone can be blocked from seeing it when even a non Facebook member can see it?

All you really need is an e-mail account to create a profile and not give out any personal information. You can get a junk e-mail account so you don`t have to use one you already have if you don` want to and use a fake name, profile pic etc. and be totally anonamous.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Mr Cuda

The problem with Facebook goes beyond your email account.  When you log in it data mines everything.
 I don't know all of it, maybe an expert can explain.
 Who knows what data Cody mines?

JH27N0B

My privacy is pretty compromised regardless of whether I'm signed up on Facebook I'm pretty sure.  I don't know how some of this data gets mined but it does.
At work I'll hear about someone having a disease or buying something interesting.  I'll search on my work PC information on the disease or about the product, then later I go on my regular car sites or news or whatever, on my iPad at home and find the ads on the sites or infolinks will sometimes be for treatments for the disease or lawyers doing lawsuits related to the disease, or for the product I googled at work.
How did the connection between me on a work PC and at home be made?
Sometimes I am texting someone or Team messaging someone or even have thought about something, and ads appear soon after related to something I mentioned or thought about.
It's pretty scary!

Cuda Cody

That's a good one!   :rofl:   You over estimate my skills.  :grouphug:  Keeping the site and running is about all I'm capable of.

Quote from: Mr Cuda on January 20, 2024, 05:49:36 PMWho knows what data Cody mines?

dodj

Quote from: Mr Cuda on January 20, 2024, 05:49:36 PMWho knows what data Cody mines?
I don't know about Cody, but the google ad arrangement certainly digs around enough to show you somewhat targeted ads.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill