Main Menu

Ebodies.org Facebook Page

Started by Spikedog08, February 02, 2022, 06:06:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

@Spikedog08 I've offered to be an admin on the FB side, yet heard nothing back. I'm on there a lot and have seen numerous snide comments, cut downs, and insults over prices, just to mention a few. Many of these are quite evident trolls that have either never owned an E or never will again. The offer still stands.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Spikedog08

Quote from: Jay Bee on March 06, 2024, 06:32:58 AMFor giggles I went to our FB page to see if I recognized anyone out of the almost 51K members there. In comparison there's currently 3874 members here. Well I didn't get too far down the list until seeing what's going on with the sign-ups. Here's 3 relatively current new ones. Not complaining, just think it's funny.

How exactly did you get to that?   :notsure:   Now that I read that again . . I think I know how you came to those.  Let me tell you that the FB page is a different animal . . I try to help when I can . . Just the other day there was over 2000 members wanting to join . . That was about a 5 day membership requests which is typical.   I go though them the best I can . . But really if you answer the questions with something MOPAR . . Typically you will get approved. 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Spikedog08

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on March 06, 2024, 06:12:41 PM@Spikedog08 I've offered to be an admin on the FB side, yet heard nothing back. I'm on there a lot and have seen numerous snide comments, cut downs, and insults over prices, just to mention a few. Many of these are quite evident trolls that have either never owned an E or never will again. The offer still stands.

Although I am a moderator  . . I don't consider me in charge of who runs the site.  I assume Cody is part of the big picture . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Jay Bee

Quote from: Spikedog08 on March 06, 2024, 07:16:51 PMHow exactly did you get to that?  :notsure: 
I don't quite understand the question. Is this the answer you were wondering about?

YellowThumper

@ Jay Bee
I am on FB sporadically.
Same as here.
Mike Fust.
There for the time waste.
Here for time well spent.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on March 06, 2024, 06:12:41 PM@Spikedog08 I've offered to be an admin on the FB side, yet heard nothing back. I'm on there a lot and have seen numerous snide comments, cut downs, and insults over prices, just to mention a few. Many of these are quite evident trolls that have either never owned an E or never will again. The offer still stands.

I gave up on that group. I made the horrible mistake a few months back of posting a 440 motor question and I accidentally included a pic of my restored '69 Coronet instead of my E body. Within ten minutes, my post was deleted by admin with an explanation that it included forbidden material unrelated to E bodies. For added insult, I was informed that I was being placed on probation and every post or comment would now require admin approval.

So I redid my post, asking my 440 motor question and over a week went by with it not being approved. By then, I had numerous responses on the other Mopar groups (there must be hundreds of those groups now) so I eventually deleted my question post. For the next few weeks, I tried making simple comments like 'nice car' but all of them stayed in the approval queue. After a few weeks, I dropped the group since I couldn't see the value of being part of a group that wouldn't allow me to participate.

I have no use for any group or forum that over regulates the membership like children. If they don't have time to approve new members, they certainly don't have time to put people on probation and pre approve every comment.

Frankly, I found the whole affair insulting. People troll and behave in terrible ways in there but nothing ever comes of it yet I post a picture of a nice B body and they have a shitfit over it?