Main Menu

Ebodies.org Facebook Page

Started by Spikedog08, February 02, 2022, 06:06:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

I don't know how many of the members here are also on the Facebook page.  There are currently just over 22,500 members.  It's a great Facebook Page! 

I typically review about 50 members a day to see if they are worthy of the group.  It amazes me some of the answers to the question that is asked . . . "What's for favorite E-Body?"    I also typically review maybe 10-20 member requests for this site a day as well . . They can be sneaky while trying to get in.   Funny the other day I got up and logged in and there was 86 requests to join our group here!  I was like . . Holy Crap!  I think there was 5 or 6 that I let in out of those. 

Some may ask why I do it??  First there is no money in it.  I do it for the members . .  I support our group and enjoy the company of other like minded ebody lovers.  Sometimes it is a pain in the ass though . .

If you haven't joined the FB page . . Easiest way to get in is answer the question with a better answer than YES or please let me in!  lol. Reject! 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

anlauto

All your hard work is very much appreciated  :drinkingbud:

What's Facebook ?  :rofl: :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

just a "heads-up"  :brainiac:

vet1 (vɛt)

n., v. vet•ted, vet•ting. Informal. n.
1. a veterinarian.
v.t.
2. to examine or treat in one's capacity as a veterinarian or physician.
3. to appraise, verify, or check for accuracy, authenticity, etc.: An expert vetted the manuscript before publication.
v.i.
4. to work as a veterinarian.

Spikedog08

Quote from: 6bblgt on February 02, 2022, 07:12:35 PM
just a "heads-up"  :brainiac:

vet1 (vɛt)

n., v. vet•ted, vet•ting. Informal. n.
1. a veterinarian.
v.t.
2. to examine or treat in one's capacity as a veterinarian or physician.
3. to appraise, verify, or check for accuracy, authenticity, etc.: An expert vetted the manuscript before publication.
v.i.
4. to work as a veterinarian.

Good one . . My punctuation is typically pretty good but got me on that one.  Not sure if spell check corrected it or my fat fingers messed it up.   :dunno:

70vert

thanks for keeping this site pure, and sane. this is by far the most helpful and most trustworthy place for E-body folks.
I am in several FB groups but mostly for the laughs, they are frequently a good test to remain calm.

Mr Cuda

Having just joined e's.org, and had to wait a day to get approval,  how can you confirm I'm not just a scammer?
Not on Facebook , so I can't join the  duplicate group.

Spikedog08

Quote from: Mr Cuda on February 02, 2022, 09:08:13 PM
Having just joined e's.org, and had to wait a day to get approval,  how can you confirm I'm not just a scammer?
Not on Facebook , so I can't join the  duplicate group.

lol you got in just with your login . . Someone wanting to join that has cuda in their user name is a pretty good bet.   Some I go way overboard to try to approve . . Facebook I will look through their page to see if I see some type of car / Mopar related posts.  Here at ebodies. . . I will copy their IP address and google it to see if they have been reported as spammers.  Time consuming but best way to at least get an idea of their credability.  Not real happy the other day when there was 86 wanting to join . . Only 5 were valid . .

6bblgt

Quote from: Spikedog08 on February 02, 2022, 07:26:21 PM
Good one . . My punctuation is typically pretty good but got me on that one.  Not sure if spell check corrected it or my fat fingers messed it up.   :dunno:

it was in there twice - it could be auto correct "hate when that happens"  :twothumbsup:

torredcuda

I have three FB groups and the questions to get in are really basic so it makes it easy to reject those that can`t answer correctly. One I ask "who makes the KX/KDX motorcycles?" and the name of the group is "Kawasaki KX and KDX air cooled only". How easy is that but they still can`t answer or get it wrong!  :rofl:
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Spikedog08

Quote from: torredcuda on February 03, 2022, 03:42:52 AM
I have three FB groups and the questions to get in are really basic so it makes it easy to reject those that can`t answer correctly. One I ask "who makes the KX/KDX motorcycles?" and the name of the group is "Kawasaki KX and KDX air cooled only". How easy is that but they still can`t answer or get it wrong!  :rofl:

Another way for FB . . When they apply, their profile will show up to 5 pictures.  I can review the pictures easily and see if there is anything that represents cars or Mopars.  There are some that are persistent . .

dodj

Quote from: Spikedog08 on February 02, 2022, 06:06:56 PM
Some may ask why I do it??  First there is no money in it.  I do it for the members
I always thought the mods got something for their efforts?
Thanks for all your work keeping bots and goofballs off the site.
Even more impressive that you do it for no money.
:drinkingbud:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

erik70rt

I feel your pain.  I run the E-body Convertible page on Facebook and I am denying WAAAAAAYYYYY more requests than I let into it.  Some days my phone is constantly buzzing from the new member requests.  Then having to deal with the members that bitch when I remove an inappropriate post, or bitch that their post was removed when it wasn't.   :headbang:
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

71vert340

@Spikedog08 . @erik70rt . I went in to both Facebook groups and looked at what's in there. I signed up and hope you let me in. I may not pass the test though. :dunno:

erik70rt

Quote from: 71vert340 on February 03, 2022, 08:44:22 AM
@Spikedog08 . @erik70rt . I went in to both Facebook groups and looked at what's in there. I signed up and hope you let me in. I may not pass the test though. :dunno:

You made the cut!   :haha:
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

71vert340

Great. Now I just need to learn how to use Facebook. I'll need to get my wife to show me. She had to help me log in.
Terry W.