Facebook group page dead?

Started by ragtopdodge, January 15, 2024, 12:12:48 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ragtopdodge

Any reason why it went bye bye?

:huh:

Mr Cuda

Looks the same as it always does.
Not on Facebook,  but I look occasionally.
 Are those people on here? They should be posting.
 I just go to look at pictures.

70vert

I generally avoid Public Groups on FB. There are just too many scammers and assholes. Plus everything you post will be visible to all, or at least to all your friends (which I prefer not to "spam" with my E-Body posts.

So, I'm not a member and don't plan to be. Agree they should be on here is serious E-Body folks.

anlauto

I've recently became more active on Facebook in the last ten months or so, it helped me sell a complete build and I seem to get a lot of attention for my business on there and I enjoy seeing what other restoration shops are up to.
I recently joined the E-Bodies.org group...
What I've found, not only with that group but just about every group I've come across, is a super high amount of WRONG information. I don't think people are trying to deceive others, it's just that people seem a lot more eager to post what they think is right on FB than on forums such as this. There is a lot more BS on there to wade through than on this site.

Also I see there are arseholes on there that have been booted from most other web forums...still spurting their crap ! :drunk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Quote from: ragtopdodge on January 15, 2024, 12:13:21 PMhttps://www.facebook.com/groups/ebodies/

Link works ok for me?  :notsure:
I do not spend much time on facebook anymore due to their censorship crap. I just use it to keep up with distant family for the most part.

RUNCHARGER

Yep: I dropped out of there, more drama, less facts. It's way better here and you can do a search here and find the info you need within moments.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

I agree with more BS and wrong facts.
However I see cars on there that aren't listed on the forums.
Have yet to find an M46 on ebodiesfakebook or the fender tags page but I keep hoping. 
And there is information to learn from that gets posted, mostly pictures of cars and their numbers. 
But as with most places everyone wants to talk about BS cars and 27 cars and no one gives a hoot about BH cars.  Not surprising.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Spikedog08

Certainly more challenging to moderate . . .  :popcorn:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

captcolour

Yep, people more interested in posting and gaining attention than actually posting correct or relevant information.  I remember a post about block stampings (I think) for '68 or older B-bodies.  Correct information was posted in the second or third post.  50 posts later people still posting wrong information.  It can be really bad and frustrating.

cataclysm80

Quote from: captcolour on January 19, 2024, 05:51:41 AMI remember a post about block stampings (I think) for '68 or older B-bodies. 

Every Facebook group has a different admin team.  The quality of the admin team has a HUGE impact on the quality of the group. 
A post about B body block stampings definitely wouldn't be in the E-Bodies Facebook group. 
I recommend joining only the good groups and avoiding the bad groups. 
Too many people try to join every single group, post the exact same thing into every group, and then they get confused about which group they're participating in. 

Quote from: captcolour on January 19, 2024, 05:51:41 AMCorrect information was posted in the second or third post.  50 posts later people still posting wrong information.

Yes, that's unfortunately very common for people to continue answering the question. 
People read the original question, and then they try to answer the question without reading all the comments.

cataclysm80

Quote from: anlauto on January 16, 2024, 06:42:27 AMWhat I've found, with just about every group I've come across, is a super high amount of WRONG information. I don't think people are trying to deceive others, it's just that people seem a lot more eager to post what they think is right on FB than on forums such as this. There is a lot more BS on there to wade through than on this site.

A large part of having more to wade through, is that there's so many more people using Facebook. 
They can't all be experts, so you'll see common myths repeated. 

For some things, reaching a large number of people quickly is great. 
Other times, a slow response from a smaller group of experts is better.

cataclysm80

Quote from: ragtopdodge on January 15, 2024, 12:12:48 PMAny reason why it went bye bye?

:huh:

The Facebook group is still up and running fine. 
Maybe you're having a problem with your membership to the group. 
I can look into it, but I'll need to know the name of your Facebook account. 
Send me a message on Facebook. 
https://www.facebook.com/tavis.king.14

7E-Bodies

Quote from: Spikedog08 on January 17, 2024, 08:02:12 AMCertainly more challenging to moderate . . .  :popcorn:

I've asked to be an admin/moderator on the farcebook side, but have gotten no action. It's turning into a cesspool of smartasses and insult hurlers that more than likely either don't own or never will own an E. They need warned, then eliminated if it keeps up. Big job, I know, but I'm willing to be one.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

ragtopdodge

Guess I've been banned from the group as this is all I see: