Main Menu

Finally got a trailer!

Started by JH27N0B, July 04, 2022, 06:48:53 AM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

I have wanted to have a rig to tow a car to further away shows for awhile.
I ordered a Ram in early 2021 and that got me halfway there.
Sadly a local longtime E body enthusiast had a aneurysm in late 2020, and passed around the same time I was taking delivery of my new truck.
In October I met with his widow to see his trailer, and put down a deposit.
He had parked it in a place next to their house that looked like a project to figure out how to get out. She said he would back his truck in through the fence in the back yard, hook up and wind through the yard and out through a utility right of way to the road.
There was stuff stored in the trailer that his son needed to clear out, and I hoped he'd do that and and I'd try to get it in winter.
He got Covid, then she ended up sick and then to a rehab center. Months passed by.
Finally the kids said they'd meet me at the house and I could get it.
Me and my friend trimmed bushes and trees in 90 degree humid weather yesterday, and got my truck hooked up.
Found no way we were getting it out without hitting the house with the trailer!
Then we tried carefully backing it out, through the front yard, and into the col de sac.
Success!
Towed it 35 miles to storage. Now the fun begins getting it up to speed with new tires etc.
RIP Don I will enjoy your trailer.
I checked out his T/A and hemi cuda while there.  He had a 71 Challenger convertible being painted when he died that is being finished I'm told.

anlauto

Sad way to get a trailer, but at least it's going to a good home and will be well cared for. :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

And it's already got some Mopar related stickers on the back, and some Mopar decorations inside!
The cabinets in the front have a drawer full of stuff for the trailer, a drawer of tools, and a drawer had some car parts.  I found 2 new vapor separators, and 2 Holley 2300 carb kits.
As an owner of 2 six pack cars that is nice.  I brought them home and looked at them last night, one had the most useful parts, the accelerator pump and needle and seat, gone, but the other kit was sealed up and new.
A good bonus.