Main Menu

Flying Batteries ?

Started by anlauto, November 19, 2020, 06:45:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JonH

What exactly do you find funny about a car accident and property damage? Could have been a disaster with the loss of human life....

anlauto

I find it funny because this is the future that all the electric car fans have to look forward to...flying batteries  :crazytalk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

jimynick

Perhaps a gentler way of saying funny, Alan? Like "ironically funny" would sooth the sentiments of the more sensitive members?  :-X
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

JS29

If Alan finds amusement from that, Than he should join a volunteer Fire Department so he can get front roe center Entertainment. OR perhaps go ride around with a tow truck operator.  :rolleyes:     

anlauto

I think it's funny because these "safe" environmentally friendly cars of the future are potential landmines shooting burning hot projectiles all over when they crash...if you guys can't see the irony in that....then  :dunno:

jimynick

In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Poolshark314

Drunk and going over 100 mph but only minor injuries...i'd say he got off easy. Hopefully he learned a lesson, but who knows
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

worthywads

Interesting consequence to a high speed accident that is certainly unique to Tesla's battery design.  Is this the only Tesla that has had such a battery shrapnel type event?  First one I've heard of so I doubt it has been common, we get heavy reporting of all things Tesla, while there are over 19 vehicle fires per hour that don't make the news.  :dunno:

I've already posted how a Tesla driver is around 5 times less likely to get in a crash in the first place if their autonomous safety features are active.  It's clear this driver was drunk and not using the available features.

Each year, from 2014 to 2016, an estimated 171,500 highway vehicle fires occurred in the United States, resulting in an annual average of 345 deaths; 1,300 injuries; and $1.1 billion in property loss. These highway vehicle fires accounted for 13 percent of fires responded to by fire departments across the nation.

https://www.usfa.fema.gov/downloads/pdf/statistics/v19i2.pdf