Main Menu

Free Website?

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, April 10, 2020, 05:48:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

BIGSHCLUNK

Anyone ever built a website on one of those webbuilder sites?? Like WIX or ???

cuda hunter

I have not.  But I have heard from a few folks that the website will be half Ad's. 

I spent about 500 on my company website. I have not done any maintenance to it in years. Need to. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Mine cost me $21.99/month USD. I built it myself and maintain and update it myself...that's why it looks so cheesy....Weekly I get emails from site builders or promoters looking to "improve" it, but I think it does it's intended job as is.
It is however, a pain to update and add pictures etc....takes me hours usually....
No pop-up ads though....

I can only imagine the "free" sites are constantly full of ads  :dunno: 
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

BIGSHCLUNK

Thanks for the input !  Yes I have a site for the shop that I pay monthly. But I cant justify the expense for a little side project. I didnt even think about pop up adds :bricks:

Bullitt-

:idea: I don't know how it is today but at one point the ISP would give you space on their server for web page's for no additional charge (our business had a static web page like this for several years).. The name might be under their domain.
So you might wanna check with your businesses ISP to see what they offer. 
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

BIGSHCLUNK

Our current provider is A  :pullinghair::headbang::stop:  There are few things I genuinely hate but they get the prize

Bullitt-

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on April 11, 2020, 09:29:12 PM
Our current provider is A  :pullinghair::headbang::stop:  There are few things I genuinely hate but they get the prize

Unfortunately many are left with no alternative but to dance with the devil & we did when they were the only game in town.. Fortunately things do change & the local cable vendors got into fiber optics providing business voip & networking several years ago around here.  Best thing about that is no matter what when something isn't working we only have to call one provider to solve the issue and the whole setup, including phones leased from them, cost less than ATT charged for their line & internet service.
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

BIGSHCLUNK

Quote from: Bullitt- on April 12, 2020, 03:41:56 AM
Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on April 11, 2020, 09:29:12 PM

Unfortunately many are left with no alternative but to dance with the devil & we did when they were the only game in town.. Fortunately things do change & the local cable vendors got into fiber optics providing business voip & networking several years ago around here.  Best thing about that is no matter what when something isn't working we only have to call one provider to solve the issue and the whole setup, including phones leased from them, cost less than ATT charged for their line & internet service.

Spectrum just got in the shops area recently. My ATT contract is up in Aug/Sept, we will part ways then. We had the same situation for years.... you go with the only game in town or none at all