Main Menu

How far do you travel everyday to go to work?

Started by Topcat, May 19, 2017, 10:51:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Traffic is getting worse. Is it worth it to travel farther to make an extra buck?

I drive under 10 miles each way
I drive under 20 miles each way
I drive under 30 miles each way
I drive under 40 miles each way
I drive under 50 miles each way
I drive over 50 miles each day to work
I don't drive at all. I work at my home/business

4mayhemi

For a few years I did 16 miles @ 35-50min from 8-5pm hitting both rush hours. Come home for dinner with wife, then go back from 7-1am to really get some work done. Got so burnt out I rearranged my career, now my commute is downstairs to the right.

Timbbuc2

2 days aweek I drive I drive 100 miles each way. 3 days a week I drive 1.5 miles
Get in, I'll drive

hawkfn18

47 miles each way, or take the commuter train and walk a mile from the station to work. 

GoodysGotaCuda

30mi round trip. About 20min each way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

J-Code Jeni

Only 11 miles for me & it can take anywhere from 25-40 minutes. I have the ability to work from home but, I go into the office everyday b/c I can really focus there- I love to accomplish things.  :D

CudaMoparRay

Spikedog08

My office is only a couple miles away but being a real estate broker, I have to drive to show homes.  Sometimes a lot!   :dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

mopar thunder

88 miles round trip, takes 1hr 20 minutes in the morning and at least 1 hr 30 minutes in the afternoon, longer during holidays or summer. But that will be changing in 2 weeks. When I move edown to Fla. it will be about the same distance but will take approx. 45 min. Looking forward to that.  :yes:

Chryco Psycho

It isdifferent for me , my business is driving at least partly so I get paid to drive where people want to go .
The last 5 years I have worked 29 days / month averaging 250 miles / day & all for free ultimatly .
Still doing the same now averaging 200 / day but less days & i get to keep some $$  :banana:
The brutal part is trying to cross the canal  roughly 12 miles can take 2 hrs morning or night . :bricks:

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 22, 2017, 10:41:29 AM
The brutal part is trying to cross the canal  roughly 12 miles can take 2 hrs morning or night . :bricks:

Just think how much easier this would make your commute...

http://www.globalplanesearch.com/listing/aircraft-for-sale/Sikorsky-Black-Hawk/189344

MEK-Dangerous

I live 6 miles from work.

I do the back roads so I don't have to deal with Beltway traffic around here. I consider myself lucky. Yes, I live in a high traffic area, but I'm not willing to trade that for a nice house that will eat up an hour of my day traveling to and from each way.  You just have to say what is more important to you in this case.  I chose being close to work. 

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on May 22, 2017, 12:45:46 PM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 22, 2017, 10:41:29 AM

Just think how much easier this would make your commute...

http://www.globalplanesearch.com/listing/aircraft-for-sale/Sikorsky-Black-Hawk/189344
that would be awesome , might have to charge a little more though !!

YellowThumper

22 miles each way for me. Approximately 30 minute commute. Luckily it is opposite the traffic flow both times. The reverse commuters traveling the same distances average about 1.5 hours each way. 3 hours a day for 20ish miles.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.