Main Menu

HUGE (imho) Challenger design flaw?

Started by gumby, February 02, 2018, 07:09:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

gumby

Quote from: PLUM72 on February 13, 2018, 11:41:27 AM
I've had my 72 Challenger for over 20 years.  The front painted verses rear chrome never really bothered me.  The chrome surround on the rear kind of matches with the bumper and makes a bit of a "ring" around the tail light panel.  On the front, the chrome trim in the lower valance on the 72-74 always bothered me so that was the first thing to go.

With that said, I always felt the 72-74 Challengers were ideal candidates for some real customizing in the front and rear.  Many prefer the 70-71 front/rear ends and as a result these cars seem to hold value a better.  This makes customizing the 72-74 a bit easier as tastefully modified they might bring value.  Finding tastefully done mods to the front and rear are difficult to find though.  So many like myself have kept things mostly stock appearing.

When I come across some cool custom modifications to the front or rear 72-74, I try and save some of the photos.  Like I said they seem to be tough to find.  You do see alot of people painting the chrome and bumpers for more of the monochromatic look.  Depending on the overall execution it can look dated.

First pic looked absolutely FANTASTIC, with that spoiler! Last pic looked absolutely HORRID! no matter what? undecided on number 2 and 3...

gumby