Main Menu

I did this Saturday

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, October 31, 2019, 06:49:18 AM

Previous topic Next topic

BIGSHCLUNK

Because of today.... seems the season for cars by me has got progressively shorter

JS29

gzig5

Never heard of the charcoal trick but makes sense.  Just in time.

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  Is the charcoal to absorb water or ??  Never see that done before. Neat idea.

rebelyell

Southern by the grace of God.  :rebelflag"

Please keep all of that white stuff up there.

Jay Bee

I was going to hit the "Like" button but I don't like having to put the car away for the winter.

anlauto

Looking at the first two pictures I figured he was going to BBQ the car.... :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7E-Bodies

I've always heard that charcoal absorbs humidity, interesting. Is this the first year you're trying this? You do know that charcoal briquettes are a ford product historically, correct? 
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

dodj

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on October 31, 2019, 08:10:27 AM
You do know that charcoal briquettes are a ford product historically, correct?
How am I going to fully enjoy a bbq now? Thanks 7E.....

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

gzig5

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on October 31, 2019, 08:10:27 AM
I've always heard that charcoal absorbs humidity, interesting. Is this the first year you're trying this? You do know that charcoal briquettes are a ford product historically, correct?

The other incarnation of this I read about recently was where a guy would put a couple ten pound bags of charcoal on the front and rear seats and slit them open to expose as much as possible.  Acts as a big desiccant bag supposedly.  A friend of mine runs a humidifier in his uninsulated garage to keep the moisture down.  That thing leaks air like a sieve so I don't know how effective it is.  I might try that this year, the ones I have in the basement generate a little heat when they run too.

BIGSHCLUNK

Lesson for the day.... Charcoal absorbs moisture.... #1 I keep it on the floor year round, and have done it for over 25 years. #2 I have NEVER had mice in my cars NEVER.... in the garage ... YES... but NEVER in my cars.

On a different note, years ago my cars (there were others before NIKKI) usually came out around tax day (April 15 for my over the border friends). And got put away right before Thanksgiving. Seems ever year the window gets smaller. We have an inch or two of snow at the shop right now  :bye: 

Sweet dreams baby girl, see you next year!  :burnout:

CudaMoparRay

Wow,  :Thud: I feel the pain, takes lots of work and time off storing in the "Cold" areas glad to be living in Sunny California

JH27N0B

I envy you in a way...  I'm tend to be a bit of a worrier, and with my convertible scheduled to be at it's big 50th birthday party/MCACN next month, it will be another close to a month before I can put her to bed for the winter.  And as bad as the weather has been most of this year, my worried mind is expecting a blizzard with huge amounts of salt piled all over area roadways!  :o
We got 4 inches of crappy white stuff today.
It would make me feel relieved if the car was tucked away like Nikki, under it's cover with a full tank of gas, and overinflated tires now, with dreams of much better weather in 2020.
Fingers crossed we get a late Indian summer next month with warm temps, sunshine and salt free roads from mid November through thanksgiving weekend.  :fingerscrossed:

Katfish

Interesting, how often do you change the charcoal?
Anything special, or the same stuff you would buy for BBQ?