Main Menu

I did this Saturday

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, October 31, 2019, 06:49:18 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

And to add more Coal to the fire...

Daylight Savings changes this week-end. 

Cuda70-74

Does the good old mothballs trick still work. Thats what im going to put in my charger and cuda. I still drive my mustang in the winter and will do the same when my cuda is up and running
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

dodj

I use chunks of original scent Irish Spring soap and bounce sheets. Haven't had any mice since I started using it. YMMV.

Debatable which smells worse, mothballs or the Irish spring... ::)
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Brads70

Quote from: dodj on October 31, 2019, 06:09:52 PM
I use chunks of original scent Irish Spring soap and bounce sheets. Haven't had any mice since I started using it. YMMV.

Debatable which smells worse, mothballs or the Irish spring... ::)

I did that years ago in my Buick and the darn mice ate the Irish Spring soap and crapped little green poops all over that car.

Cuda Cody

:haha:   :rofl:   :haha:   :rofl:   :))   :haha:

Just add water and wash!   :pokeeye:   :P   :))

Quote from: Brads70 on October 31, 2019, 06:58:06 PM
...the darn mice ate the Irish Spring soap and crapped little green poops all over that car.

72 Challenger

I don't put anything in my car for mice. I have a ton of traps set up in the garage but in the 7 years I have lived here I have never caught one.

I do put one of those volcanic charcoal deodorizers in the car. They are designed to control humidity and smell. I think they were originally designed for sports bags?
Someday I will have a J0b.

gzig5

I've got a cat with skills.  There isn't a mouse within 1/4 mile of my house.

BIGSHCLUNK

Quote from: Katfish on October 31, 2019, 05:24:35 PM
Interesting, how often do you change the charcoal?
Anything special, or the same stuff you would buy for BBQ?
The nice thing about charcoal is that it tell you when its spent. Its gets kind of a greyish color and gets really crumbly or powdery.  Then back to the pik n save we go. BTW it usually lasts a few seasons so its no an every year replacement. Save the irish spring for the shower an the moth balls for the ol ladys sweaters

JS29

For rodents I have a 20# cat and I place mouse traps around my cars.  :alan2cents:

dodj

I better hurry up and follow BIG's lead... ::)

First time the car has been out in November. :o
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Brads70

Quote from: dodj on November 02, 2019, 07:47:54 AM
I better hurry up and follow BIG's lead... ::)

First time the car has been out in November. :o

We got about 4" on Thursday night but most of it has melted away now.

BIGSHCLUNK

Quote from: Katfish on October 31, 2019, 05:24:35 PM
Interesting, how often do you change the charcoal?
Anything special, or the same stuff you would buy for BBQ?

Almost forgot this  - just buy the cheap stuff (yes like the BBQ) Definitely DO NOT USE THE MATCH LIGHT KIND