Main Menu

MasonDaniel7 - Ban or Keep Poll

Started by Jay Bee, August 24, 2022, 06:21:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Should we continue to endure MasonDaniel7"s postings or finally ban the bot.

Ban
43 (50%)
Keep
19 (22.1%)
Don't care either way
24 (27.9%)

Total Members Voted: 86

70_440-6Cuda

Activity from members has been a theme in this thread and I think important to note - @cuda hunter you are on point with contributing to keeping new guys coming back.  As a new member I will say the support, help and personal connections here is what keeps me coming back
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

RUNCHARGER

I think it's important to realize the moderators have enough to do without redirecting a BOT. I think just ban it. There are enough members here that cruise EBAY and would be able to post any e-bodies that were interesting enough. This BOT reposts the same stuff over and over again as well. it's just clogging things up for no reason.
Sheldon

whitsend

How about making a separate location for eBay / craigslist/ other for sale post or a special section for the BOT? Just thinking out loud. I have no idea what it takes to make and maintain that. Just mt $.02

Ebbs

headejm

:bricks: I don't understand this. Some active members are upset with a bot screwing up their legitimate postings. Just ban all bots and let's support our members. Anyone can go on EBay and search for cars.

torredcuda

Quote from: Bullitt- on August 24, 2022, 12:42:08 PM
Quote from: Racer57 on August 24, 2022, 11:12:22 AM
Create a new category called "Bot Sale Ads" Then ban him from all other categories.
I like this idea.... I notice most that bother to comment seem to be on the side of keeping.
Limiting this users access could solve the one issue...

Why is user participation down?...Facebook.  Lot's of activity over there. I even see a few FB posts by members I know that don't bother to bring the content over here.   

I am on FB quite a bit and I always try to refer people with questions etc. to join/post on the forum, I enjoy both formats.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

1970Cuda

If we are voting, I would say, "no Bots."

We can all go to eBay or wherever else to find out deals on various sites. It's nice to see local posts on e-bodies.org.

larry4406

When does the voting end, what is the criteria, and who will exercise the will of the people?

dodj

Pretty sure it's a non binding referendum...
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Jay Bee

...also, there's no close date. It'll stay open until people loose interest.

dodj

Speaking of bots, I just got an email from the FBI asking for a lot of personal info so they could send me money..... :Thud:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

purple1

People this is not a member. It is a bot. It will not have any hurt feelings if it gets removed from the site. Just kick the thing off the site and be done with it. If this bot is left alone and continues posting, where does the line get drawn. What if another bot that posts parts or one that posts some other crap gets on board. Does that next bot get to stay?

Mods, this is a bot. Please just get rid of it as you would any other bot.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Dave

Worlds first e-body trailer. Severna Park, Maryland

Hood

Original owner with 100% documentation.
Ordered my Cuda on September 29th 1972

Brads70

I get/understand the negative feelings towards a " BOT" but in my opinion this one does provide a use. I enjoying seeing what's for sale. If it can be contained in it's own section as to not impede others posts            ( thinking of Josh and his M46 post, he does have a point)  what's the difference from any other post? If you don't want to see it, don't open/click on it?  Same as the babe thread, picture of the day thread etc... etc....

torredcuda

I don`t really care that it`s a bot or not, my only real issue is that it makes a bunch of posts all at once so that all the other new/current threads get pushed off and you then have to go down a couple pages to find them. That gets annoying when it happens every other day. Putting the posts in a separate topic section would fix Josh`s issue but it would still spam the Recent Topics one which is the one I almost always go to.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/