Main Menu

Paypal changes policy ..... seems to not want Canadians business?

Started by Brads70, October 01, 2020, 03:00:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

another 4% minimum ( maybe more!)  on top of the money the credit card charges for "currency exchange"
A new dispute fee....
This will limit my use of paypal for sure. I'd have to want something really bad and not be able to get it somewhere else and just use my credit card to pay that.... :pullinghair:

https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/ua/upcoming-policies-full?locale.x=en_CA&utm_source=epsilon&utm_campaign=A_EP_NA_202009_72842_B2C_B2B_Q4_2020_UA_Update_CA_CA_LowRisk_EN_CA_en_US&utm_medium=email

Jay Bee

Well that totally sux. I might have to look into a TD Canada Trust US account since most of my business is done down there.

blown motor

For whatever business I do in the US I find it's very seldom that I can't do it with a credit card or e transfer. I rarely use PayPal. 4% is a little steep.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cuda Cody

I heard eBay was going away from Paypal and going to start their own payment business? 

dodj

I treat PayPal like UPS. I have to be very desperate to use either service.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Chryco Psycho

Greed
Driving away business for sure , even in Panama I earn US $$ & I pay for things in US $$ but I get dinged a $1 transaction fee now as of about a year ago + I get charged 2.5% exchange rate on US to US transactions now  :Thud:

RUNCHARGER

I hate Paypal and don't use them if I don't have to. I haven't used Ebay for quite awhile now since they got stupid as well. Things just change as time goes on. I remember buying and selling on Ebay a few times a week in the good ole days about 15 years ago.
Sheldon