Main Menu

Quarantine or not?

Started by torredcuda, March 20, 2020, 09:51:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

7212Mopar

Cops here are starting to enforce the home isolation order, stopping cars asking people what they do and where they are going. You need to show proof like you are healthcare workers or some essential business etc. Some people my wife knows what already got ticketed. My work is 95% healthcare related and already received notifications from a few of the healthcare organizations that my company need to provide continue support. Looks like I will be heading out to a few hospitals next week. Got to do what you got to do and observe the distance separation and hygiene.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Matt13

Haven't seen it yet here in Clayton, (near Concord), but I'm sure that will change soon.

blown motor

Ticketed for what? Not observing a recommendation? Is that enforceable?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

JS29

Quote from: blown motor on March 20, 2020, 12:35:23 PM
:popcorn: :thinking: :popcorn:

Topcat

Quote from: Cudajason on March 20, 2020, 12:09:48 PM
Quote from: Topcat on March 20, 2020, 11:55:30 AM
Quote from: Cudajason on March 20, 2020, 11:31:27 AM
I am in the professional services industry (large global accounting firm).  Our offices in Canada have been shut down all week, and I am working from home.

I consider my self fortunate to be able to do it and realize not everyone is able to.  I will admit I am not a fan of it, but I don't have a choice.

Other than trips our for groceries and other essentials, that is about it.  All my kids activities have been cancelled and nothing else is open, so its  work and :drinkingbud: and  :wrenching:  maybe the occasional walk with the dog.

I think there is fine line between social distancing and Isolation and that is it, going out to get the essentials and not going out at all.  Unfortunately it seems there is no agreement on that.

I have a co-worker that just came back from Hungary with his wife, before everything shut down, we asked him to self isolate, out or an abundance of caution and although he has not come into the office, he has been our shopping and in and out of his apartment as the landlord is showing it to prospective tenants.

As much as we are trying to contain this thing, I fear we will not because of actions like this!

Jason

Hungary is so far pretty safe....up till now.

We just spoke with her relatives and they had shut down everything before it became a pandemic.
However, the plane back likely  isn't as well protected from the virus.

Coronavirus: Number of Confirmed Cases in Hungary Rises to 85.
Last week, it was less than half this.

Yeah agreed, it has not been hard hit, but my coworker said there were no cases while he was there (March 4)  and then by the time he got to Canada (March 9) it was 2 cases.  Now is 85.  So I bet it was there before he left.  He flew through Austria, which had cases at the time, so the whole thing just makes me nervous...and I do not usually get nervous about these kind of things!!!

Jason

torredcuda

And you think a hospital employee would know better and not be so stupid but I guess not. Here in NH - "According to a report in The New York Times, the first case was of a hospital employee who had recently flown back to New Hampshire from Italy. The employee had reportedly been directed to self-quarantine and did not comply, instead attending an event with Dartmouth students, during which time another person was exposed to the virus. "   I personally like most of the people I work with but most of them I don`t trust to be smart about this, proof is the one who went to NY last week. Social distancing and sanitizing only works if we all do it and unfortunately there  will many who don`t.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

dodj

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 20, 2020, 10:29:40 AM
I'm 63 and my wife is 58. We don't work and have been staying home but I'm starting to go stir crazy already.
Should have an e-body to work on.....
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

RUNCHARGER

I found a V-code project I wanted. But the $25k US turned into $40k CDN and the same day I lost $100k on the stock market so the idea was short lived unfortunately.
Sheldon

YellowThumper

I work for a medical company as well. All employees possible are working from home now. Me being amongst them. I deal directly with China and have really tried to learn what I could from their manufacturing persons.
One interesting thing learned covers what many have noted here already.
Any person who has traveled out of a specific region had to self quarantine themselves under penalty of law. Not from country to country. For USA perspective. I live in orange county Ca. If I take a trip and return from Los Angeles county. I have to quarantine for 2 weeks.
As long as I stayed in my county I  would roam at will.

Been stating there is no downside (except economic) to overreacting. There is a huge downside to under reacting.
Italy is that posterchild...
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

7212Mopar

Quote from: blown motor on March 20, 2020, 12:35:23 PM

It is supposed to be a misdemeanor with a few hundred dollars fine. The SFPD chief already said in a news conference that SF will not go after anyone they see. Might be different story at the outlying counties looking for revenue. 
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

torredcuda

Quote from: dodj on March 20, 2020, 02:19:20 PM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 20, 2020, 10:29:40 AM
I'm 63 and my wife is 58. We don't work and have been staying home but I'm starting to go stir crazy already.
Should have an e-body to work on.....

I could be out in the garage but since kid has no school till April 6th, possibly longer I am Mr mom during the day and when the wife gets home I go to work till 11pm and get back up at 7:30-8am and do it again.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

GoodysGotaCuda

My wife and kids (4 & 2) have been home for two weeks now without leaving at all. I've had to go to work but am able to be pretty well isolated in my office.

I think we'll be turned home next week but it's been quite stressful.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

IRON MAN

USPS dropped off a T-handle tailgate lock (came from Michigan) for my '57 BelAir station wagon. The small box was slid under the front gate. I stared at it wondering if it was contaminated with covd-19.  :notsure: WHO states the virus cannot survive 15 minutes at 140 degrees. The T-handle is all metal. Put it in the oven for 30 minutes at 200 degrees. Then, sprayed it with Lysol. Overkill?

dodj

Quote from: IRON MAN on March 20, 2020, 04:24:32 PM
USPS dropped off a T-handle tailgate lock (came from Michigan) for my '57 BelAir station wagon. The small box was slid under the front gate. I stared at it wondering if it was contaminated with covd-19.  :notsure: WHO states the virus cannot survive 15 minutes at 140 degrees. The T-handle is all metal. Put it in the oven for 30 minutes at 200 degrees. Then, sprayed it with Lysol. Overkill?
If it gives you peace of mind....then no.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Rdchallenger

Nope, I'm working... Plus we get a health screening now before we can even enter the premises.