Main Menu

Quarantine or not?

Started by torredcuda, March 20, 2020, 09:51:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Trumps stated it could be as many as 100,000 deaths in the USA, let's hope that doesn't prove true.
Sheldon

soundcontrol

Just watching the news and they say that the deaths in China might be a fake number, they suspect it could be x 10.

Brads70

Quote from: soundcontrol on March 30, 2020, 01:28:35 PM
Just watching the news and they say that the deaths in China might be a fake number, they suspect it could be x 10.

" MIGHT"  :haha:   ya think? The Chinese government, not being truthful?   ::)   Same with Russia no doubt.

soundcontrol

Quote from: Brads70 on March 30, 2020, 01:32:16 PM
Quote from: soundcontrol on March 30, 2020, 01:28:35 PM

" MIGHT"  :haha:   ya think? The Chinese government, not being truthful?   ::)   Same with Russia no doubt.

"How many people died in #Wuhan and #China?
Conservative estimation based on numbers of urns being given out at 8 crematoriums in Wuhan by financial analyst @charles984681
Total death in Wuhan: 59K
Total death in China: 97K
Total infection in China: 1.21 M#CCPVirus #COVID2019"

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on March 30, 2020, 12:19:55 PM
As morbid as it sounds, I've been watching the "death count" and how fast it's rising...USA is now in fourth place already, passing Iran and France which were supposed to be some of the worst hit areas.... :o

USA is up to 2810 already in just a couple of weeks or so.....so I sure hope this social distancing starts to work pretty soon.... :fingerscrossed:

Canada is sitting at 70 or one in every 500K Canadians  :andyangel:

The US is eighteen times as big as France  & six times as big as Iran....   For now I think we're doing Ok... New York has the bulk of the cases and with their population density and welcoming of world travelers since this has begun it's not to surprising...

anlauto

I know it's all relative to the size and population of the countries, but it seems to be moving very fast now... :andyangel:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on March 30, 2020, 02:35:53 PM
I know it's all relative to the size and population of the countries, but it seems to be moving very fast now... :andyangel:

I 100% agree.. Scary...  Looks like it's gonna last longer than most stuff made in China... Thanks China...

kdcarman

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on March 30, 2020, 02:42:43 PM
Quote from: anlauto on March 30, 2020, 02:35:53 PM

I 100% agree.. Scary...  Looks like it's gonna last longer than most stuff made in China... Thanks China...

We are in for a very difficult couple of weeks.  With that said there were three pieces of good news today:

1) Abbott Labs quick test kit.  This is huge.
2) FDA approved the malaria drug for use with Coronavirus
3). Johnson & Johnson committed 1B dollars time build factory to produce a vaccine.  They are so confidant they will be successful with the vaccine they are preparing the factory now.  Expect the vaccine to be shipping by Jan 2021.

Topcat

One other good news I heard:

Washington state is showing a down turn in new cases reporting.

torredcuda

Models are saying if we didn't shut down like we are there could be 1.6-2.2 million deaths! We all need to take the stay at  home/ social distancing very serious.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

7212Mopar

SF Bay Area quarrantin now continues to May 1st. This is going to hurt.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

kdcarman

Quote from: 7212Mopar on March 31, 2020, 12:06:26 AM

Virginia just announced lock down until June 10.
Short term pain will pay off.
We need to slow this thing down until they can get the treatments and vaccine out.

It is good to see Italy finally slowing down.

dodj

To think I used to hate grocery shopping for my wife and I. Now we're shopping for 3 other houses....Gotta be done but wow do I ever dread shopping now. People think I'm hoarding. :bricks:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

torredcuda

Quote from: kdcarman on March 31, 2020, 06:01:59 AM

Guess I`ll cancel our April vacation plans to Virginia now.  :crying:  June 10th seems a bit far out, I would think take it a 2-4 weeks at a time and see how things go.  :notsure:
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

kdcarman

Quote from: torredcuda on March 31, 2020, 10:26:18 AM
Quote from: kdcarman on March 31, 2020, 06:01:59 AM

Guess I`ll cancel our April vacation plans to Virginia now.  :crying:  June 10th seems a bit far out, I would think take it a 2-4 weeks at a time and see how things go.  :notsure:

I agree with the stay at home orders.  Actually surprised it took New York and Florida so long.
As for Virginia, I don't know why you would just issue an order until the end of April, then reassess

The state responses are all over the board. 

Compare Virginia and Florida.