Main Menu

Quarantine or not?

Started by torredcuda, March 20, 2020, 09:51:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Quote from: 7212Mopar on March 27, 2020, 09:52:50 AM
We have to deal with criminals and the virus at the same time. They also close down all the gun shops.
You don't want to deal with an armed recently released criminal do you?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

7212Mopar

Criminals with records cannot get firearms from law abiding gun shops. More like dealing with an armed criminals holding a kitchen knife.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

YellowThumper

Quote from: 7212Mopar on March 27, 2020, 09:52:50 AM
Inmates health is more important than the safety of law abiding citizens here in CA thanks to Gavin. We have to deal with criminals and the virus at the same time. They also close down all the gun shops.
Unfortunately true.
Where else better a place to prevent transmission of virus than in an isolated lock up. Keep them separated. No common areas and provide food to their cells.
Isn't that the same thing we are having to do within our homes? They are in for a reason. Much like I am out for the opposite reasons...
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

dodj

Quote from: 7212Mopar on March 27, 2020, 08:41:09 PM
Criminals with records cannot get firearms from law abiding gun shops.
I understand, my comment was meant to be tongue in cheek. I should have put a smiley in there.  :drinkingbud:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

blown motor

Let's move the quarantine situation ahead a few months. Last summer we rented an Airbnb on a lake up north. We want to do the same again this year but won't that expose us to possible community spread from the people that used the cabin before us? How long before all is safe again?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

Quote from: anlauto on March 25, 2020, 08:27:57 PM
Wow US is now over 1035 deaths :andyangel:

Almost 2000 now three days later :o
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

GoodysGotaCuda

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Yikes, +19k new cases today. Buckle up boys & girls.

Mortality rate in Italy is creeping up to 11%...
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

dodj

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on March 28, 2020, 04:40:56 PM

Mortality rate in Italy is creeping up to 11%...
If what I'm reading is right, they are mainly testing people with the more severe symptoms, not the more mild cases that may be corona (the more survivable cases)
So, if true, that would skew the mortality rate.
Scary regardless.

anlauto

Quote from: anlauto on March 28, 2020, 02:10:06 PM
Quote from: anlauto on March 25, 2020, 08:27:57 PM
Wow US is now over 1035 deaths :andyangel:

Almost 2000 now three days later :o

Jesus...USA is up over 200 since I checked it 5 hours ago :andyangel: Now at 2227
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cudajason

Quote from: blown motor on March 28, 2020, 01:03:47 PM
Let's move the quarantine situation ahead a few months. Last summer we rented an Airbnb on a lake up north. We want to do the same again this year but won't that expose us to possible community spread from the people that used the cabin before us? How long before all is safe again?

@blown motor - Nobody really knows....but from what is happening in China, I think we have 6 - 8 more weeks of lock down, but that is just a guess.  Of course if things go bad as China removes its restrictions, that will impact us and if things continue to go crazy in the U.S. that will likely impact us.

SO in the end, its wait and see.
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

anlauto

As morbid as it sounds, I've been watching the "death count" and how fast it's rising...USA is now in fourth place already, passing Iran and France which were supposed to be some of the worst hit areas.... :o

USA is up to 2810 already in just a couple of weeks or so.....so I sure hope this social distancing starts to work pretty soon.... :fingerscrossed:

Canada is sitting at 70 or one in every 500K Canadians  :andyangel: