Main Menu

Quarantine or not?

Started by torredcuda, March 20, 2020, 09:51:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

WCC

I wonder if all these politicians and news media will still think lockdown is such a good idea if all their salaries and perks are taken away till lockdown is lifted 100% again. Let them feel what everybody else is feeling and let's see how long that lasts.

JH27N0B

Quote from: WCC on April 25, 2020, 03:10:37 PM
I wonder if all these politicians and news media will still think lockdown is such a good idea if all their salaries and perks are taken away till lockdown is lifted 100% again. Let them feel what everybody else is feeling and let's see how long that lasts.
Like that will ever happen!   ::)
No, they will sit there in their ivory towers and work from home studios collecting their big paychecks deriding and belittling what they dismiss as MAGA hat wearing gun toting confederate flag toting idiots out protesting the lockdowns and their unemployment.  Shut up and take it peasants, the elites and government knows best so enjoy your $1200 stimulus check and stay at home indefinitely!

dodj

Quote from: WCC on April 25, 2020, 07:45:57 AM
Personally I think that herd immunity is the way to go e
Ya, I'm  thinking this way too? Kinda thinking I might as well get it now and over with? Can't hide in our houses for a year or two or three while they try to figure out a cure/vaccine?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

We just got the official email. ALL Ontario schools are to remain closed until May31st 2020 :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mopartaz

Just waiting to see how many lawsuits are being filed state and county wide for violating: 

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Makes you wonder where is the ACLU in all this?

dodj

Quote from: mopartaz on April 26, 2020, 11:55:30 AM
Just waiting to see how many lawsuits are being filed state and county wide for violating: 

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Makes you wonder where is the ACLU in all this?
While I'm not sure what it means in the USA, but up here in the Great White North a declared state of emergency suspends a lot of your previously thought 'rights'. And you are unable to bring legal action. (to the best of my knowledge)
I cringed every time I saw levels of gov't declaring a 'state of emergency'.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

Yea...it overrides a lot of things :o
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Topcat

The scary thing now is what is going to happen with Africa.

The rest of the World is starting to show signs of flattening the curve.
While at the same time, Africa is increasing.    :stop:

Confirmed
2.97M

Recovered

Deaths

BIGSHCLUNK

I heard today something about altering the blood and some people are stroking out?   :Thud:

HP_Cuda

I'm surprised that folks are now concerned after 9/11 and the Patriot Act took a huge chunk out of our civil liberties.

How is COVID any different?

Remember governments never waste a good crisis.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

YellowThumper

What we have learned in the US is that the CDC wields more power than all other branches...
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Chryco Psycho

It kinda reminds me of the joke about the body where all of the parts of the body are fighting over which one is most important , & the Ass refuses to let out the trash poisoning the whole system ...

Chryco Psycho

Apparently Canaduh has quietly cut off supplies of Zinc preventing the option of even trying that solution , How many more will die because of the Gates Fauci program ?
Walmart has none & it is blocked from ordering it in , no supplies around Calgary ....
What conspiracy ??

dodj

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on April 27, 2020, 10:35:15 AM
Apparently Canaduh has quietly cut off supplies of Zinc
Cut off? How exactly? There's lots where I live.

JH27N0B

I've got a bottle of zinc pills and multivitamins that contain zinc here.  I hope Bill Gates doesn't fly here in a black helicopter and take them from me!  :o