Main Menu

Sad News -Shockwave Jet Truck

Started by anlauto, July 03, 2022, 02:13:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

torredcuda

I heard possibly blew a tire but not sure. Sad news, seen them numerous times at New England Dragway.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

jimynick

I've seen that truck run several times at Grand Bend and the big question to me, was how did it take so long? I'm not trying to be rude here, but a semi trailer tractor doing 300 mph is an accident looking for a place to happen and I'm sorry for the man and his family who have to deal with the aftermath of this sad happening.  :bye:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

anlauto

In the video on line, it's really hard to tell, but it looks like he turns sideways pretty quick :dunno: ....I too, have seen (felt) him run :andyangel:

VIDEO: https://www.msn.com/en-ca/video/animals/man-in-jet-fueled-semi-truck-dies-while-racing-fighter-jets-during-michigan-air-show/vi-AAZ8exa?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=84e4b1d658694ca49d9c047264f64500
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Racer57

Quote from: jimynick on July 03, 2022, 07:04:42 PM
I've seen that truck run several times at Grand Bend and the big question to me, was how did it take so long? I'm not trying to be rude here, but a semi trailer tractor doing 300 mph is an accident looking for a place to happen and I'm sorry for the man and his family who have to deal with the aftermath of this sad happening.  :bye:
I never saw it in person, but I'm confident the only thing that even came close to resembling a semi trailer tractor was the body.

JH27N0B

Those acts are dangerous.
I was reminded of a grizzly accident the shock wave truck was involved in at an air show around 15 years ago.
The truck itself wasn't in the accident but two planes performing in the act collided in a fiery wreck.
http://airportjournals.com/aviation-community-mourns-loss-of-legendary-air-show-pilots-jimmy-franklin-and-bobby-younkin/

7E-Bodies

Would he have been the same guy 20 years ago that used to run a jet beer truck at 300 mph as well? If so I saw and felt his act during a Blue Angel's show at Peoria Airport. He did a slow cruise by the crowd and did a flame toss and the heat and percussion were tremendous. He then lined up to "drag race" an already flying plane and actually beat it. Impressive.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

anlauto

I guess if you're going to die...why not go out at 300mph doing something you love  :dunno:  :andyangel: :andyangel: :andyangel:

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on July 04, 2022, 02:44:42 PM
I guess if you're going to die...why not go out at 300mph doing something you love  :dunno:  :andyangel: :andyangel: :andyangel:

There is that! We are all going to at some point! Beats lying in pain in a hospital bed!
My old man says he wants to be shot dead when he is 80 by a jealous 20 year old husband while in the act...?

jimynick

"My old man says he wants to be shot dead when he is 80 by a jealous 20 year old husband while in the act." LOL! Brad, your old man and my old man must've hung out together! I heard virtually the same thing from my dear departed dad many times. He had a way with a turn of phrase. I miss him a lot.  :(
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

chargerdon

Sad to hear.    about 12 years ago i went to the Pittsburgh Raceway for their "night of fire" and watched a performance by an 18 wheeler cab with the jet engine.   Awesome...