Main Menu

Severe weather season is here

Started by Burdar, March 06, 2017, 06:50:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

I was visiting Ft Wayne Ind during that storm the other day and 3 miles away from us a woman was killed when her mobile home flipped over from the wind.
She died holding onto her 4 yo grandson who survived.

Jay Bee

Quote from: 73440 on August 13, 2020, 01:39:06 PM
She died holding onto her 4 yo grandson who survived.

A true hero, RIP ma'am. Sorry for going off topic but I felt compelled to comment.

JS29

:iagree:Well said, She is a Hero.  :andyangel:

YellowThumper

SoCal Oc.
Light rain this morning. 100deg + for the day and now multiple fires in the hills. 2020 part 2 here we come...
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Topcat

Quote from: YellowThumper on August 13, 2020, 06:49:15 PM
SoCal Oc.
Light rain this morning. 100deg + for the day and now multiple fires in the hills. 2020 part 2 here we come...

Looks hot everywhere. No escape.  :o

https://www.windy.com/-Temperature-temp?temp,36.197,-96.569,4,m:eFTacTe

YellowThumper

Pic of expanding fire cloud intermingled with the white ones we get with high humidity.
Fyi the fire was caused by a homeless camper setting fire to a homeless camper who refused to move... :bricks:

Mike.

Jay Bee

Wind gusts up to 141 kph (87.6 mph) in my city. Neighbor said she didn't see any damage to my car. I said, it's an old car even if there was some damage I'd just let it go.

Cudajason

Quote from: Jay Bee on November 16, 2020, 06:32:24 AM
Wind gusts up to 141 kph (87.6 mph) in my city. Neighbor said she didn't see any damage to my car. I said, it's an old car even if there was some damage I'd just let it go.

Glad its nothing serious.

Same here. This is my back yard! 

No damage!

Last pic is just a few doors down. Took out the fence and back yard rink.
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

anlauto

No damage here, but we lost power for 5 hours last night...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Spikedog08

Definitely had some strong wind here is Michigan the last couple days . . power out, trees down, sure damage here and there.  I saw some video of Lake Michigan and it was very angry!  But in the upcoming forecast  . . this Friday shows 60* and sun!  Last day for my cars I think . . .  :dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

YellowThumper

We had this in SoCal Oc 2 weeks ago.
Coupled with 50+ mph winds it was a fun time...

Mike.

Topcat

Severe Weather?

Yeah another severe drought heading our way = Severe Fires.  :bricks:

floorit426

Yes, but a rainy season equals more fuel growth. You cannot win! The day I disassembled my car and made it immobile, CDF planes and copters started flying around. Even after the first good rain, they are now extending our fire season thru December! My asbestos underwear may be itchy, but I'll have the last laugh :woohoo:h.

Jay Bee

Saw images and video of the nor'easter that hit the New England area yesterday - WOW!

Cuda_mark

Quote from: Jay Bee on December 07, 2020, 07:49:51 AM
Saw images and video of the nor'easter that hit the New England area yesterday - WOW!

It wasn't all that bad. Did have my neighbor's tree fall into my yard....just missed hitting my truck and camry.