Main Menu

Severe weather season is here

Started by Burdar, March 06, 2017, 06:50:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

kass_paul

Quote from: cuda hunter on July 22, 2018, 09:21:09 PM
We are at the end of an ice age.  It's probably only going to get hotter over the next several thousand years.
After some ten's of thousands of years we will cool off again.
seems legit. the weather patterns seem to be changing weirdly all across the globe. I'm scared to witness that

06Daytona

The wife and I spent the weekend cleaning and reorganizing a storage room we have off the kitchen. One of our neighbors had a Chinese restaurant that he closed down and we bought a heavy duty rack for 100 bucks and 2 medium duty ones with wheels for 50 bucks each. We're using one of the medium duty ones for water and the other for food and food prep stuff. The big rack is for the real survival stuff like a 71 Cuda grille, shaker bits, dash pad and my 15x7 Rallye wheels. We pick up a new case of water everytime we hit Sams or Costco and new cases of food when we see something different or on sale. We also added 6 more solar panels and another 1040 amp hours to our solar setup

Timbbuc2

Everyone on the East Coast be safe, don't take any changes. This hurricane looks like it is going to be very dangerous. If the local officials say evacuate please do.
Get in, I'll drive

Lemontwist

Anyone on the East coast of NC., SC., & GA. GET OUT NOW.  Nothing is worth losing your life over.  This storm will kill
Drew

Chryco Psycho

Storm alert in AB too , 4-8" of heavy wet snow forecast for thursday , not as bad as a hurricane but still  :burnout:

303 Mopar

Cold here in Denver, many ski resorts are already open, ugh

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Chryco Psycho

Topcat

Quote from: HP_Cuda on November 10, 2018, 06:29:20 PM

"Burning down the house"

:headbang:

Yup,

Why move here?

Highest gas
F'd up Gov
Housing costs
Earthquakes
Massive fires
Shootings
Illegal invasion
On and On.

A few more fires, a few Earthquakes, and add in a downward economy, and then maybe we can get rid of some of this excess population.

IRON MAN

In Kalifornia there are also mud slides and flooding...especially if the levy fails on the Sacramento river.

I live 1/3 mile from the gateway to the Delta. The Paradise wild fire is 130 miles north of my house. The smoke from the Paradise wild fire woke me up at 6 am. At 7am took the dog for a walk. What I thought was a tomato red moon was the sun. Decided to go to Goodguys car show 45 miles south in Pleasanton, thinkin I'd be far from the hazy polluted sky. Same stinky smokey sky at Goodguys. My eyes were watering, my head felt like it was going to explode. Some spectators and participants were wearing masks. By the time I got home I was wheezing too. Radio warnings to stay indoors. On a happy note enjoyed Goodguys,  ran into some friends, and got some rare parts in the swap meet area for the 68 AMX.

RUNCHARGER

Yes: Our summer was a bust. We had two months of sunny weather (I am told) but we didn't see it through the constant smoke from forest fires. Our west coast is starting to suck just like yours and for the same reasons.
Sheldon

303 Mopar

A decent buck and his ladies were mingling around my 'hood on this snowy morning

Chryco Psycho

303 Mopar

After shoveling for 2 hrs and taking Advil, this is so true...

cuda hunter

Isn't that the truth. 
We've gotten about 12" in the last few days.  It's melted down a lot but it sucks!   Big ice bergs at every corner. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee